UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

i had a 31 too and i just got my email for my interview today. there’s still a chance.

I got an interview letter to choose dates from jan 24,25,26,30,31. Feb 2,7.

50% oos, 50% is

I got an interview as well! So excited. I was getting a little antsy for a while though haha

Is anyone else on here in the medical explorers program?

Yes, I am MEP

did you all send before October 15th?

Of course. I just wanted to find out as soon as possible.

omg you guys are making me nervous! I haven’t heard back from them, but I didn’t apply for the early notification deadline. I sent my application on October 31. I only have a 29 on my ACT :frowning: but I go to the best high school in Louisiana that teaches courses at a college level; my GPA is a 3.88. I do take challenging courses. My high school doesn’t rank. I am very active in school and have volunteered/shadowed at many hospitals and clinics over the summer (over 200 hours.) I really hope I get in! Do you guys think I still have a chance of getting in?

I sent before october 15th and i got a 34 on the act
i got waitlisted for an interview
do any of u know the chances for getting one?

I sent mine in after October 15th (didn’t even know about this early advantage) so hopefully I’ll get something in the coming weeks.

@nishantVs
You have a higher act score than I do and I got an interview so I’m sure it’ll work out

Thanks but i think the problem is that im from california
and my gpa is low
but well see what happens
hopefully everything works out

UMKC has never really been about test scores…its average is lower than most BA/MDs

31 3.8 lots of ec’s including stand up comedy so I kind of stand out, in state, top 20%, 150 hours of shadowing/volunteering, CPR and first aid, awesome rec written by an alumni… I could go farther but I got wait-listed as well. Anyone know how many are put on the list? And anyone whose interviewing just for fun (I know 2 kids at my school who just wanted to see if they would get an interview - don’t even want to go into medicine - and got one) please please please pull your application for those truly dedicated to the program.

Did you guys all apply before the Oct. 15th deadline? I’m wondering if the people that applied later will get notifications for interviews soon…

Yeah we did.

What i learned from several UMKC present students and alumis are, Getting the interview is based on three things ACT/SAT score, GPA and EC (Interest in Medicine). If Test score is low but EC is best, still you will get an interview. OOS 50%, IS 50% quota.

Once you got an interview, selection is based only on interview. (I was told by a last year UMKC student, interviewer may not even know your score or GPA).

Having said, high ACT score may not get admission but 27 with good interview may get an admission.

So every one have fair chance.

my stats were not the best either but i was somehow lucky enough to get an interview. best of luck to everyone still waiting to receive one!

iajhfiwhrbi;asegh;awrth!

If anyone that sent in the application after that October 15th deadline is notified, let me know please!