UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Did anyone apply early notification and did not get an interview? Or anyone know anyone whom this happened to? Trying to get an estimate for how long this list is. Also if anyone knows anyone interviewing just for fun or has changed their mind please tell them to pull their application.

@maani9422
Gah I’m waiting for the email as well. Hopefully we get them sometime this week!

Will they notify you if they decide not to give you an interview or reject you? Or do they just drop you and you just don’t hear back from them?

people said that they notify you for all three possible cases…

I have a feeling though that we won’t find out until after break

Last year when I applied, I applied by the regular deadline and received a reply around the 20th of January. I was talking to one of my friends who applied by the Oct. 15th deadline and he said that he heard at around this time last year.

Hey, are you guys sure they accept 50% out of state and 50% instate?
According to the 7th question in this link, only 20-25 students are selected from out of state. [FAQs</a> - Admission Process : B.A./M.D. Program : Admissions : UMKC School of Medicine](<a href=“http://www.med.umkc.edu/med_admissions/BAMD_FAQs_Admissions.shtml]FAQs”>http://www.med.umkc.edu/med_admissions/BAMD_FAQs_Admissions.shtml)

to people that got an interview: anyone know what the toledo chem test will cover?

It’s 20 questions high school chemistry, 20 questions more advanced chemistry, and 20 questions basic algebra. The test is only for placement once you’re in the program. It’s not a factor of being accepted or not.

Monday UMKC confirmed my interview date as my first preference.

For the people that applied the first deadline, they usually reply by the last week of november. So, there is still some time…or so was the case last year. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

@bubbles94
What kind of questions were asked in the interview?

For those of you interviewing,
Here are some of the questions that I remember having during my interview

Why do you want to be a doctor?

Since the health field has such a diverse clientele, how do you relate to individuals different than you?

A friend offers you a way to cheat for an upcoming exam, would you cheat? How would you handle the situation?

My first interviewer and I had both read the same book, so we talked a lot about the book I had written about for my application. I would say know your app, one guy who was in my interview session last year was asked about his book and he did not remember which one he had read.

How have your skills as a leader helped you recently?

How do you deal with stress in life?

What did you do in high school extra-curriculars that you felt had the greatest impact?

A lot of the interview is also about your background and your goals in life.

Hope this helps!!!

ah thanks that helps a lot!

hey guys! i’m a first year student and i’ve been reading some of your posts and decided to address a few things:
someone was asking about the percentages of in-state vs. out-of-state students, and to clarify, it’s approximately 50% in-state, 25% out-of-state and 25% regional (states bordering missouri - you get lower tuition than regular out-of-staters, good for you -__-)
many of you, including whoever wrote the title of this thread, think UMKC is a BS/MD program, but it’s actually BA/MD - most of us, including me, major in LIBERAL ARTS. not a science.
lastly, i have to agree that umkc is probably one of the most lenient programs when it comes to test scores. people in my class have all kinds of scores, so don’t lose hope if you didn’t score so high! let your passion shine through in your interview and that really will help make up for it. i got a 35 on the ACT but i’ve heard of scores all the way in 20s.

good luck kiddos :slight_smile:

@froyofreak
What kind of questions were in the interview?

they’ll ask you all the expected general questions, i.e. why you want to be a doctor, why you’re choosing to do an accelerated program, what makes you stand out
i got asked questions about activities on my resume, and i know they also ask questions about what you would do in different situations if you saw someone cheating, etc.

Ok that really helps. Thanks.

Guys, I’m getting nervous now, did u get the e-mail for the interview thru your personal e-mail or the UMKC e-mail the letter from the undergraduate institution told u to make. Please let me know. Thanks

@johnsmithd

I got it through my personal email. Did you apply before October 15?

I also haven’t received a letter other than undergraduate admission. I suppose I’ll give UMKC a call to check on admission status.

@jcd2012, thank you