UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

I applied the regular notification date and got an interview today, good luck to those who are still waiting!

Still waiting for an interview? Looks like they have rejected me…

naseemalammar, If you don’t mind, can you post your stats?

@breaker746 are u in state or oos?

don’t lose hope just yet!!
ACT: 29
English: 29
Math: 35
Reading: 25
Science: 27
GPA: 3.87
my school doesn’t rank; I go to a very competitive high school that is ranked #1 in louisiana
lots of experience with shadowing doctors
volunteered at multiple hospitals and nursing homes
(over 200 hours in total)
I take many upper-level classes (latin 4, embryology, genetics, human anatomy, calculus 3, etc.)
I’m in future scientist program, classical scholars program, science quiz bowl, medex, junior classical league (president of this), key club (secretary of this), ambassador, peer mentor (tutor for science, math, english, and latin), helping hands, earthcare (treasurer of this) etc.
what are your stats?

I know a couple other people who got interviews today by the way. @Ironman2012, I’m out of state (Pennsylvania), I don’t think there’s much regional bias w/ UMKC from what I understand. I hope you guys get the interview!

My Stats:

ACT 33 ( M 36, E 36, R 30, S 28)
SAT 2230 ( CR 760 M 750 W 720)
Weighted GPA 4.2
UMKC Calculated GPA : 3.78
200+ volunteering
3 Summer Internships ( 900+ hours research)
80+ hours of shadowing Oncologist + Cardiologist
9 APS
Calculus BC in 11th grade
AP Scholar with Distinction
California science fair ( 3rd place)
Numerous other awards

Not sure why I have not been invited

Those who are waiting for interviews here is the stat
ACT Range 22-36 Average 31
GPA 3.15-4.0 Average 3.81
No of applications received: over 1000
No of complete apps 720
No students called for interview 300
No of incuming student 113 this year 7 yr program intake 10. Next year total intake will reduce by 10.
MO 60-65
Regional (AR,IL,KS,NE,OK) 20-25
OSS 20-25

@breaker746 thx for the info… hope u get in

Has anyone recieved a rejection email or letter? Does anyone know if they send those out?
Or does anyone know when they stop sending out offers to interview?

wow idk why you haven’t been invited either parkbinky because your stats are awesome! :slight_smile:
maybe it was because of your essay? idk haha
you’ll probably get the invite soon though

Are you in-state?

Yes I am instate

Well then, you get earlier interview notification then out-of-state applicants.

Should girl wear heels to the interview?

@ACTTester
That’s not true. It might be later for you by a few days because of the mail or whatever but that’s it. It’s not any different for OOS applicants than it is for instate applicants.

If i haven’t received any notification for the rpi/amc interview, am i rejected?

The interviews were very laid back. Hopefully this can set everyone’s nerves to rest.

Mail? The notification was sent to me and many others by email on February 1st. They seem to have sent the notifications in batches. I’m not sure when the official date of notification was for people who applied before October 15th, but I know for a fact that I applied before then and received my interview notification on February 1st along with many others.

I was reading through this thread and I saw that someone else said that this was one of their interview questions:

Since the health field has such a diverse clientele, how do you relate to individuals different than you?

I’m having trouble thinking of an answer. I don’t quite understand the question. Can anyone explain what exactly they mean?

I am a sophomore in high school and in-state and i was wondering what my chances of getting into the umkc 6 year program are ( i really want to get in and am working really hard.)

stats:
GPA: 3.9 (on a 5.0 scale.) - can make it a 4.2 by end of junior year.
Class rank - 43/313 right now but will probably be in the top 10s by end of junior year.
NHS
Tennis Team - two years JV and will make varsity hopefully junior year.
student Council
Community Outreach club at my school
Volunteering/shadowing - 60+hrs
Community service at temple - 40+ hrs
planning to do Brain Bee and want to participate in the STARS program at Washington University STL.