UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Everyone got into the program because they showed something. Figure out what your strong point ) and use that to your advantage. You have to find something that makes you shine. Hope this helps! BYE! I’ve never met Samiio before in my life. JK. We are in the program together.

Hey! I am interested in this college and was wondering if anyone remembers the stats they had when the got it? Thanks

For 7 year students:
From what I understand the kids who do a BLA in the 6 year program just do a few undergraduate courses because their medical school courses count for hours as well and cumulatively the medical school classes and the few (~10 or something) undergrad classes taken will fulfill the 120 hour requirement. How does that fit in with the seven year program if you are doing a major other than BLA? Do you have to do 120 hours of undergrad alongside medical school classes?

3 minimum and 6 maximum references required on the application. should we go with all three from School ? Can we add any ex graduates from UMKC in references ? will that backfire ?

Please Suggest.

On the topic of references, one from school, one from work, and one from volunteering. If you don’t work, substitute.

To answer some of the previous questions, As a 7-year student, I DO NOT have to get the BLA which is the 120 hours of undergrad work. I work entireley on my major and medical work. The 120 hours is for the students are going for the BLA (Bachelor of Liberal Arts). So 7-year does have some pros to it even though it’s one extra year.

Hi,

I am a senior and I will be applying to UMKC. I just wanted to know what you guys think about my profile and my stats. By no means am I trying to brag. I just want to know if I have a reasonable chance for the 6-year BA/MD program. please excuse my lack of proper capitalization, punctuation and grammar.

I attend an extremely good private school where there is lots of grade deflation. Nevertheless, the school sends like 30-40 kids (out of 100) to top ivies and top twenty schools across the country. The school is a huge feeder for Stanford with about 7-8 kids deciding to attend stanford every year.

GPA: 3.15 unweighted
SAT: CR 730/M 780/W 770 (Total=2280) translates to about 34-35 on ACT
SAT 2s:
Physics: will take this saturday. i am hoping for 770-800
Math IIc: 780
Chem: 770
Biology M (never taken AP Bio): 740
US History: 730

junior year classes: ap bc calculus (5 on ap with 5 ab subscore), honors english (my school doesnt do ap), ap chem (5 on ap), ap us history (4 on ap), spanish 3.

in summer of junior and senior I took a jhu cty ap physics B class. grade A-

senior year classes: multivariable calc, human physiology (fall) and molecular biology (spring), ap computer science A, ap micro (fall) and macro (spring) economics, honors english

volunteer experience-
worked at UCSF doing research in summer between soph and junior year.
shadowed my uncle who is a psychiatrist
shadowed another uncle who is an interventional radiologist
spent some time at my dad’s nuclear pharmacy studying radioactive medicine
worked at Project Inform which is an HIV and AIDS outreach organization
teaching a math class at the local temple

extracurriculars:

started Indian Club and am serving as president
member of Debate Club
member of KIVA club
cross country-3 years (one year varsity)
track and field- 3 years (three year varsity)
school newspaper
temple
tabla (indian drum)

awards/recognitions:
PSAT commended student
AP Scholar
competed in AMC math competition for 3 years
there arent too many competitions at my school hence not many awards

hooks:
minority (although is indian a minority at the umkc ba/md program?)

@dsnypa: I can’t help but notice how you’re definitely a smart student, but your gpa is so low. You honestly have a great application it just seems so odd and extraordinary that your gpa would be that low. Oh well it’s a good thing that UMKC has a holistic view. I hope you get in.
Lol :slight_smile: did you have a typo when you were typing your gpa, i mean even though there’s grade deflation?

does anyone know what status date means on the pathway page? I turned in my supplemental application before the October 15th date but the status date says October 18th…I made the early deadline, should I call and ask?

If its postmarked (sent) by October 15th, you’re good. No need to worry.

Connor Foxhoven (Missouri)
ACT: 30
GPA: 3.35
Class Rank: 140/386

AP Chem: 4
AP Math: 4
AP Bio: 3

Summit Technologies
Biomedical Innovations
Medical Interventions
First Place - Math Skills USA
Numerous Math Relay Awards
Science Knowledge Bowl

Extracurricular Activities:
Skills USA (Captain)
Scholars’ Bowl
Medical Explorers 2 years

Community Service:

Lee’s Summit Hospital – Volunteer (80+hours)
ER and Primary Care shadowing 40 hours
Tutoring Students
Special needs child care assistant

Work Experience:
LS Baseball Umpire
Childcare assistant

Connor, your GPA is damn low, as is your rank.

I sent in all my application materials before October 15th, but my pathway account still say application incomplete because my High School transcript is “In-Progress”. Does anyone know anything about this? It says my transcript has been “In-Progress” since October 2nd.

It says that for me too haha. I called and asked and they said that they received it but until we graduate and send in our final grades, it will always say in progress. So, no need to worry!

I got an acceptance letter to UMKC today

Did you already interview?

@sanguinee. Must be for the undergraduate portion. Congrats!

No, I didn’t interview. It was for undergrad, interview notifications are in mid december if you applied early action

Hey guys, I applied for the November 1 deadline (had the actual app in by Oct 6, the other stuff followed, can’t remember exact date of completion, but it was before time). I got the undergraduate acceptance in the mail on ~ October 27.

I’m wondering, when should I expect a decision on interview?

Secondly, could someone chance me?

-Three outstanding Rec forms
-Lots of medical experience (hundreds of hours of volunteering, in and out of country)
-Internship with medical management startup
-2320 SAT
-3.1 UW/~3.6 W GPA (with slight upward trend though and first semester senior GPA is currently at 3.8). I’ve taken the hardest classes possible
-800 SAT chem, 700 SAT bio, 760 Math I, and 740 US History
-AP Bio, AP Physics, AP Calc AB (but I plan on taking BC test w/self study) in progress atm
-AP Psych, US Hist, Chem are 5. Both AP govs at 4. AP Euro at 3.
-Worked at restaurant since age 16.
-Southeast Asian (Pakistani)
-Lastly, our school doesn’t rank us, but it is a top 70 high school, ranked in top 10 STEM schools, where some 92.1 percent of seniors take AP exams with 82.7 earning a 3 or higher.

No one is going to chance you on this thread, even if they do, they don’t know what they’re talking about. Just apply and leave it to the admissions committee to make a decision.