UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

@SoCalGirlNguyen
Thank you for the praise :slight_smile: I hope you and I both end up there!
@sanguinee
Your stats are probably awesome, too! The applicant pool must be really intense this year…

i know right :frowning:

Hope that I would get invited for interview. Pretty low SAT ( 1850 ), GPA 3.75/ 4.6 Wt. 11 AP classes. EC pretty good for Med ( Clinical care Internship 200 hrs at St Mary Medical Center in Long Beach, 100 hrs shadowing with Pain management Doc, 100 hrs with Radiologist, Attended Stanford Medical school’s Biomedical research Lectures Series for 3 wks over last summer, American Cancer Society 's relay for Life board committee 2 yrs, Hope for Life club founder/ president in my high school, NHS, Key club, Red cross club, Certified CPR…)
DO you guys think I have a chance for interview ?

Well most of your guys deserve better than I am academically… if they take me… its nice… if not… no hard feeling…

honestly, i dont know what the cut-off for EC’s and scores are this year, just from the things i’ve read. Are you IS or OOS?

OOS… from california ( orange county )

All my life Med is the only things that I would think of right now… That is all I know for sure what I want to be. Haven’t thou about anything else yet.

For Those of You Who Got An Interview Call:

Can you please tell us your SAT scores?

Thanks.

I got an interview, I did not take the SAT. I got a 31 on my ACT. It’s not all about the grades and test scores. Medical experience is a major part of the application.

I got called for an interview…yeah!
My SAT score is 2180.
1430 composite score
31 on ACT
rank 7/467
GPA 3.97
I now have to prepare for the interview,does anyone know what to expect please reply ,I applied to 11 programs like that,hopefully I get into one
I have 1 yer of health care experience,CNA certification,Pharmacy tech certificate and I also shadowed fire fighters as part of school Health care program

Omg wow… I shadowed 4 doctors for 4 summers (6 weeks) and had so much healthcare experience and had tons of leadership positions in all these clubs… I really wonder why I didn’t make the cut. And I had a higher ACT than most of the people!

@sanguinee: Have you heard of " Tuff 's syndrome "? Probably you might fall into that condition. UMKC probably knew that you are a little bit over-qualify for their school.Even if they accept you, you might opt for other better program than their and that why they waitlised you. If UMKC is truly your number one school, let them know that and they will interview you eventually.

@SoCal, how do I let them know that? I applied EA thinking they would get the hint lol.

send them an email or call them let them know that you intended to stay in the waitlist and sincerely tell them how much you want to go to UMKC… they pay attention to your file and keep you in their mind when spot is available

Will do 10char

Sanguine not sure why you were not chosen for an interview…

Medicine96
did you get an interview? if so, if you dont mind, what were your stats?

I’m a 2nd year student in the program, and I know I was pretty nervous for the interviews. Just be relaxed and take this time to show off about how well-rounded you are. Ask questions, understand you have a lot to learn (don’t be too cocky), show a genuine interest in medicine and the program specifically, etc.
They’re going to ask you why UMKC, why medicine, what would you do if _________, when have you struggled…how did you correct that, when have you succeeded, what is your biggest success, what would you do if you didn’t get in. It’s a pretty relaxed environment, everyone is very nice.

thanks @tinacakes that really helps!

Butterfli 123 , I got called for interview, SAT SCORES 2180 COMPOSITE 1430 GPA 3.97 TOP 2% in my school.I better make the cut, plus I am from out of state TX which makes it harder
Tinacakes, thanks for the update and send any information you remember concerning the interview.Good luck to everyone