UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Called umkc today . They said for ppl who applied with Nov 1 st deadline, invite for interviews will be informed toward the end of Jan

I called office of Medicine, they said they will inform all the Nov applicant by end of Jan

I dont mean to be spamming or what not. But for those of you who look at our blog, I have changed the blog address back to zacsamimed.blogspot.com

It was a temporary thing…

Get your interview question prompts here.

[The</a> Marvelous Adventures of Zac and Sami: Possible Interview Questions](<a href=“http://zacsamimed.blogspot.com/2012/10/hey-everyone-zac-here-not-sure-where.html]The”>http://zacsamimed.blogspot.com/2012/10/hey-everyone-zac-here-not-sure-where.html)

Thanks Samiio.

Applied nov. 1st deadline and just got my interview email.

Got an interview. Wonder why it’s become a two day thing? Anyone know?

when are the interviews?

Hey, I just got offered an interview today and had a few questions.
it’s a 2 day interview from 5:30pm to 4:30pm the next day.
does anyone know if they’re providing an on-campus stay?

I havent heard anything from them today yet. Is that mean I might got rejected ?

Are all Emails offer for interviews send out all together in bulks ? Or they out one by one ?.. hopefully… not all at once otherwise I am screwed…(:…

i think all go out at once… i know accept/waitlist went at once

OH Godss…That meant I am done !!!
Oh well… Good luck everybody

@SoCalGirlNguyen

Don’t give up hope until you have a “rejection” letter in your hands. Until then, have faith.

I can only go by my experience with helping my daughter in 2010. That year, UMKC began sending out interview emails on Monday, January 4. She did not receive her email invite until one week later (January 11) at 4 pm Pacific time.

Thank dualdegreedoc!!! I hope so too… Umkc is the only program that I applied to. If not , hopefully going to UCLA, but again , this year they got more than 100,000 applications. Things getting tougher and tougher for Hs kids nowadays .

@ DualDegreeDoc: are u from west coast sir ?

ucla got 100,000? where did u get that info? wow!

@SoCalGirlNguyen: Yes, I’m a SoCalDoc :slight_smile:

@fallpsat: Here is the UCLA Newsroom link regarding the record number of application this year.
[UCLA</a> sets new undergraduate applications record / UCLA Newsroom](<a href=“http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/ucla-sets-new-undergraduate-applications-242778.aspx]UCLA”>UCLA sets new undergraduate applications record | UCLA)

@DualDegree: your D . Should appreciate what you have done for her. You remind me of my dad . Children should appreciate what parents have been through with us during the college applications period. In my case, I couldn’t imaging how would I be able to complete the whole process without my dad. Taking of work to drive me to colleges interviews… Remind me of dealines… Woke up middle of the night and saw him searching colleges info…
And more to come, even if I get into umkc, it will become a substantial financial burden on his shoulder for years and years.
For everybody in this room, regardless of whatever happen on the day college decisions come out, please remember that your parents are the one that possibly have more joys and more painful than we are.

@SoCalGirlNguyen: Thank you for the kind words. You certainly demonstrate the empathy and compassion necessary to become a caring doctor. Good luck to you and good job to your parents for raising you.
What is the best way to demonstrate love and appreciation to a father?..show love and respect to your mother.

@socalgirlnguyen- thanks for the info! If it helps, no notice yet either way for me either, though I did get postal mail postmarked Jan 7 saying my application was completed on time and I should be awaiting a decision (maybe they’re behind the 2010 schedule?)