UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

@Roentgen If I applied after the October 15th early deadline, when will I receive my decision for an interview? I am an OOS applicant from Michigan?

@om12345, if you applied after the October 15th and by the November 2nd date, you’d be part of the regular deadline pool and you’d hear back by the end of January: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/19083672#Comment_19083672

So does anyone know what questions they ask you? Or how to prepare for the interview?

@stressedsenior25, please see my posts starting from here: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/19165698/#Comment_19165698

Hi Everyone,

I’m a first year in the UMKC BA/MD program. It’s a great program and I love it so far. Happy to answer any questions during my free time as they come up. Interviews this year continue to be in the MMI format and are right around the corner at the end of February !!! Good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

I have one question. If I get accepted, does the first semester start this upcoming June? Or does it start in August and continue through to next August?
Thank you.

Also, does anybody know when interview decisions are sent out? Will people who are not getting in getting notified too?

@slimybananas420, if accepted, the first semester of Year 1 starts in late August with the usual undergraduate university calendar. There are no summers “off” in the program, but at least the first 1 1/2 years (up until the end of Fall Year 2) it tends to fit the university calendar in terms of holidays given off, save for Hospital Team Experience at the end of Year 1 where you stay after your finals are over, for about 2 weeks to complete.

According to the UMKC Med website, decisions for regular deadline candidates should be in late January, so sometime this week. My guess is it will work just like the early deadline notification pool of interview invite, rejection, or waitlist.

UMKCpanda, I need some information about how to prepare for 2016 October application. What are the things we need to get ready for admission by the time application out . I have triplets . Is it possible to get 3 of them ? We are from region application. What are the things need to done for getting admission. Do we have to visit the campus before we put application ? Does that help… Kids are too crazy about these program please advice if you can give me your personal email or send me the advice that helps . Thank u

Hello I applied to the program by October deadline and I got wait listed. I am an out of state applicant. Approximately when should I expect to receive a final decision for interview?

@futuredoc1998, you’d probably hear by the end of January (I know it’s coming up) or even 2 weeks into February, I imagine as to whether you were able to get off the interview waitlist or not, since the ones who get an interview acceptance by the end of January have x number of weeks to schedule their interview, before having to give it up, if they decide to go.

I got a letter to attend an interview for UMKC’s BA/MD Program. I’m really confused on what the interview will be like, what questions they’ll ask, what they expect and how to prepare for the interview. Can someone please help me and give me some suggestions on how to prepare please.

Thanks

@061616 Congrats. Lot of information is shared and available in this thread. But you need to take some time to go thru the previous pages.
Can you confirm if you applied for the regular deadline (after Oct 15th)?

Does anyone know when they’re sending interview notifications for RD?

@061616 are you instate or out of state applicant ? But Congratz on the interview

Has anyone that applied for November 1 deadline received interview notification? My initial letter said that I would hear back late January and with tomorrow being the last working day for the month.

I’ve been wondering the same thing! I’m an out of state applicant from Texas and I applied for the November deadline…but from what I’m reading above some people have already received their electronic notification? Kinda worried now…

@rolleypolley12 i’m an out-of-state applicant. i applied by the 10/15 deadline

I think tomorrow is the big day for RD applicants. According to my friend who goes there, UMKC SOM sends out their notifications on Fridays

I don’t think the 11/1 deadline notifications have been sent yet. The person above says 10/15 is the date he applied. I would wait a few days because it seems the notifications are a bit slow.

Did anyone get any notifications today regarding the interviews???