UMN Class of 2025 — Regular Decision Release Date: By Mar 31

Again, congrats to you and your family!

Did any scholarship or grant info come with that, and where did you see the acceptance, portal, email, snail mail? Thank you!

1 Like

Email that there was an update in the portal. No word on any scholarships or financial aid.

1 Like

My D21 was accepted to political science yesterday, I’m sure he’ll hear very soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Scholarships appear to come only by snail mail with no email notification. We have been pleasantly surprised twice now, including last week, with general and college of management scholarships. It will be hard for other schools to beat Minnesota’s offer at this point.

1 Like

Totally unexpected for this week – My S21 was accepted today! Applied 10/30, CLA, will be PoliSci. Hang in there, all, I hope others heard today, or soon… Now, we wait with fingers crossed for merit scholarships, grants.

3 Likes

Got email just this week. Son accepted into Carlson.

1 Like

Congratulations to all who have been admitted. Could anyone who has been admitted to Biomedical engineering please share your stats?

My daughter is OOS, wondering what her chances are. She has 3.94 UW GPA, 12 AP courses (4 in sr. year), AP scholar with distinction (because of 3 in physics 1, rest 4s and 5s), National Merit Semifinalist (God willing finalist), 3 years varsity golf , 4 years orchestra, good ECs, leadership roles and ton of volunteering hours, nominated for presidential volunteering award. Expecting to graduate with AA from community college along with High school graduation in Spring of 2021.

Also, how long does it take to get access to the applicant portal after the application is submitted on common app? Thanks!

Got accepted today 1/4. OOS student to CLA (psychology).

Basic Stats:
-32 ACT
-3.8 W GPA

3 Likes

I applied a while ago (oct 15th) and still have not heard back. Is this a bad sign?
OOS (illinois) I applied to Carlson.
basic stats:
1380 SAT
3.5 UW GPA

I haven’t heard back either and I have similar stats. I applied end of October. Still 3 weeks to go, so don’t lose hope! I’ll lyk when I hear back.

My boys are surprised not to have heard yet. They applied in October to CEHD (Education and Development) Major: Business and Marketing Education. They seem to check all the boxes and their ACT’s were above the middle 50% shown for CEHD Class of '20.

I was accepted into CSE about three weeks after applying to Twin Cities. I applied around Dec 1st.

We are In-State, applied on 8.26.20 for CLA - Economics. ACT is 27 and GPA is 3.50. Still haven’t heard anything. We did put in the Housing Deposit in case he gets in, but we’re definitely getting concerned. He has gotten into all of his other schools he applied for, and this is the final one we’re waiting for. I know we’ll get an answer Y/N by 1/31, but I just can’t believe how long this is taking.

I am also out of state as well

3.99 gpa, 1590 sat, have not heard anything

I am getting super nervous. I heard they come every Monday around 4:20, so I was hoping today would be my day. Does anyone know if response time is correlated with the decision? Do they send our rejections/deferrals later than acceptances?

It says in the portal as long as you applied before Nov 1 you will get a decision before Jan 31.

How much is the housing deposit? I see that they say that housing assignments are based on your deposit date and that you are encouraged to deposit for housing even before getting an acceptance. I wonder how important this is.

If you applied by the EA deadline, you will hear by Jan 31st. It is rolling basis with scholarships first. Then they release by date submitted.