UMN Twin Cities Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at UMN Twin Cities is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by January 31. For more information visit the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other UMN Twin Cities applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus? Why UMN Twin Cities? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other UMN Twin Cities topics visit the university-of-minnesota-twin-cities-campus tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about UMN Twin Cities Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

My daughter applied on 8/6 to CDES. She’s anxiously waiting for a decision. Wondering if anyone else has already applied and maybe heard back?

My daughter accepted to Carlson today for Fall 22…wasn’t expecting to hear anything this early!!

4 Likes

Congrats to her. That’s so exciting! Did she check her portal or did she receive an email?

thx @IDtoTX …she rec’d an email that there was an important update to the U of M application tracker.

My son was accepted to Engineering today. Was not expecting to hear anything this early!

1 Like

S22 accepted to CSE today. Looks like they update on Mondays.

3 Likes

My D22 was accepted today to CDES…What a nice surprise!

3 Likes

Did you use common app? S22 applied with test scores, but looking at the submitted app (PDF document), it looks like the test score section is omitted. I understand UMN is test not required (but couldn’t tell if test-optional or test-blind). Not sure if the missing test score is by design or some mistake, in which case we should perhaps send them an official score?

No, S22 used the Golden Gopher app and self-reported test scores.

The common app will blank out some information even though it is sent depending on the school. If I remember right, UMN was one of those schools.

1 Like

ah okay, thanks for the information.

Love the rolling admission, D22 got accepted this week already - CEHD. Super excited.

3 Likes

Definitely takes some of the stress out of senior year to already know. Looks like we will have two at the U next year.

My DD heard today that she was invited to Honors. She hasn’t heard anything about Merit. Does anyone know how it works at UMTC?

Merit comes separately and I believe through the mail. My kid was accepted and offered honors really early last year but did not hear about merit until March.

1 Like

congratulations, how long did it take from the time you applied to the decision? All the best!

My daughter applied week of Oct 5 and heard the following Monday for CEHD. Have not heard about honors yet.

2 Likes

My daughter applied on 8/6, heard 9/28 about acceptance and got the invite for Honors yesterday on Oct. 16.

2 Likes