UNC Greensboro scholarships?

Does anyone have any experience with music scholarships at UNC Greensboro? My son is interested in applying for clarinet performance, but we can’t afford out of state tuition there, so I’m wondering if there’s enough potential for substantial scholarships to make it worth pursuing. He has very good stats academically, if that helps at all (1530/4.0UW). They list a whole mess of music scholarships on their site, but there’s no indication as to amounts. $500/yr doesn’t do us any good. $10,000/yr we could work with, you know? We’re in GA, so if he stays in-state his tuition will be covered by the Hope scholarship, so we’d need the net price to be somewhat competitive with in-state options to seriously consider it.

1 Like

I don’t know about music specifically, but my (in-state) daughter had a 32 ACT and 3.9 GPA and got about $7K/year Blue and Gold Scholarship. I don’t know if they give more money to OOS students.

Maybe ask the department directly?

3 Likes

Thanks! I saw the Blue and Gold scholarships on the website, but it’s good to hear an actual $$ amount.

1 Like

Good luck! Since we are in-state, it was hard to turn down! But it wasn’t really the right school for my daughter.

2 Likes

Hi – do you remember when your daughter received the Blue and Gold scholarship notification? We’re trying to figure out when UNCG scholarships are announced for incoming students.

I just checked and she heard Dec 12th. But I also heard recently from a friend that her daughter received a generous scholarship after she committed in June. Unc-G definitely has the reputation of awarding money on the late side.

1 Like

We’re out-of-state. My son was accepted EA. They told us the scholarship and aid decisions would be in March. They recently sent him an email asking what he was waiting for to make this decision- he told them price information! He had a very good audition and was quickly accepted.