UNC School of Arts Class Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for UNC School of Arts Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

My son got into UNCSA film making program. I would like to know more about the program. Anyone else considering the school, what are the pros and cons. Our other options at the moment are Moody College of Communication - UT Austin and Emerson College Boston.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted for film today too. She is excited and it’s on our final four list, Emerson, Ithaca, Chapman and now UNCSA. We’re visiting Emerson this weekend and Ithaca in mid-April. Will sit down with D and husband to figure out when we can fly down to visit. We’ve only done virtual visits and watched YouTube videos, but the facilities seem incredible.

Congratulations! My kid got his masters in music performance at UNCSA. Loved the place!!

How did you do the virtual visit? I was also trying to set up virtual tour, but couldn’t find the link. We are also waiting for NYU decision tomorrow and we will start discussing pros and cons.

The film program had a virtual program in the fall with the admissions counselor. It was informative and she had a very positive disposition.

We are also waiting for NYU tomorrow, but we’ve kind of already moved on since we are expecting either a no, or if she happens to get in, that it will be unaffordable.

I know, we are debating on NYU as well especially due to the cost. We got waitlisted in Chapman and Loyola. It’s going to be a hard decision to make. We need to go through the list of pros and cons and see if the ROI for the tuition makes sense in terms of the career opportunities.