UNC Transfer Waitlist 2023

Hey y’all! Just thought I would make a new thread for people who were waitlisted as transfers to UNC. Does anyone know when they release the first round of admissions off the waitlist?

No idea, from what I saw from previous years I assume it will be after 5/1. Also got waitlisted :frowning:

Anyone get anything yet?

Not yet. I am going to call tomorrow and ask if they have released the first round of admissions off the waitlist.

I just called admissions and they said no transfer waitlist decisions have been released.

Good to know, thanks!

I’m hoping they come out around the 29th, I think that’s when they came out last year.

I checked the chat for the undergraduate class of 2027, and apparently a “small number of offers” were made. I don’t know if that includes our waitlist though. :man_shrugging:

Where is that chat?

Search class of 2027 waitlist unc college confidential, or something like that

Just called and they have only released some from the class of 2027 and not transfers.

That’s good news ig!

I sent unc admissions an email, and they told me “At this time, we are not making any waitlist offers” and said that they will continue to monitor their class size

Yea I think they’re going to end up giving only a few spots to people on the waitlist.

I can’t imagine there will be much movement. There are 138 admitted students w/o housing currently…

1 Like