Undecided

<p>I can't even begin my application without selecting two majors. I'm going undecided everywhere so I don't know what to click, whats the equivalent to undecided at Texas A&M? For example, I know U Texas at Austin has college of undergrad studies and college of liberal arts which is basically undecided so thats what I chose, but Texas A&M doesn't, well it doesn't appear as a choice on ApplyTexas. So what should I do? What do most undecided kids end up doing? I want to do business but business schools are too competitive so i'm just lost right now </p>

<p>Are you going undecided because you think you will not get into the business school? A&M does not take the major into decision for admittance so if you get in and you apply soon before spots fill up you will get in to the business school</p>

<p>Agree. Get your app in now before the business school fills up. At A&M, all majors are first come, first serve. </p>

<p>If you are top 10% or academic admit, you should apply today! You are not locked into the major you select at application and it is rolling admissions so the longer you wait, the slimmer your chances are of getting your major. Once you apply and are accepted, you can change majors online as long as they are open (they will disappear from the drop down as they fill to capacity). If you think you might want business, choose that as #1. If you select it after beginning at A&M, you will have to apply and compete to get into the major after completing 30 hours of coursework vs. just marking the box now. Many students do change their majors and no matter what major you pick you can always change it later, there are core courses that span many areas of study that need to be completed, so those might help narrowing your eventual major. </p>

<p>IF you are a review admit, you can always put business as a major but chances are much slimmer that you will get it. You might want to try another major, line up what you like in HS - sciences, math, history, english, arts etc. and combine that with your test scores (higher math or english?) Don’t fret too much, the main goal is to get acceptance if you are unsure of your major, just pick one that sounds interesting & you have some proven success with grades or scores within that type of field. </p>

<p>The core class load is sufficient to cover your first year, take some survey courses (they’re usually just one unit) if you really are at a loss as to what to pick once you are a student. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>hey AGmomx2! if we have already been accepted into the school/major we want, do we have to actually accept the offer of admission to get that spot in that major? </p>

<p>@shopsouthern‌ , once you have been offered admission to a major, it is yours until you either accept it or decline it or May 1st comes around and it will automatically decline if no decision is made. Congrats!</p>