Undeclared major?

<p>I applied to a school in NC and I know I put my intended major as "nursing:new freshman only" but when I got my email saying I was accepted the major was "undeclared" What does this mean?</p>

<p>-bump- please help</p>

<p>If the school you applied to has a direct entry Nursing Program my best guess would be that you were accepted to the school but not to the Nursing Program. If the school has a non-direct entry Nursing Program the response you got may be unclear. Some schools with non-direct Nursing Programs admit students to different freshman academic classifications. Some use “Undeclared with Nursing Interest”, others just admit to “Undeclared” status as well some other titles depending on the school. If the school you applied to has a non-direct entry Nursing Program I would contact them to get clarification on what your admission acceptance really means. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>Yes I believe that you got accepted into the school, but not the major you put down. I’ve heard that if you really want to get into a specific major, you can try to get in the next year…but I don’t have any resources to back that up. Just something I’ve heard.</p>