Undergraduate for Journalism!

<p>How are these schools for journalism? (major / minor in parenthesis)
Columbia University (double major in creative writing & theatre / minor in poli.sci.)
Princeton University (major in english / concentration in theatre)
New York Univesity (CAS double major in journalism & poli.sci / minor in theatre)</p>

<p>I would love to do theatre, but journalism is a fall-back option, but something I would love as a career (though also competitive!!).</p>

<p>As far as graduate school, as of now (so early to tell! i'm a senior in HS) I like the dual Journalism/Law or Journalism/Theatre grad. schools at Columbia :)</p>

<p>So what undergraduate school is the best choice regarding internships, academics, opportunities, etc.?!</p>

<p>What sort of theatre are you interested in?</p>

<p>as a career or major?
career; hopefully broadway eventually :slight_smile:
major; probably just theatre arts since none of the schools i applied to are musical theatre :&lt;/p>

<p>If theater is really what you want, I would go for NYU, as their journalism program is good for you to fall back on and they’re absolutely renowned for the fine arts.</p>

<p>@spanishpotatoes yes, but at NYU i applied to CAS, not tisch… so i could only minor in applied theatre :(</p>

<p>If you want theater with j as a fallback, then Northwestern, USC and UNC-CH are the clear choices. Columbia and Princeton don’t have journalism (Columbia only grad program), and I never heard of NYU being mentioned. My D is in journalism and what was mentioned east of the Mississippi was UGA, UNC, NU, Syracuse, Mizzou, Ohio (Athens), UMD - and not in that order.</p>

<p>well, i only applied to the schools i mentioned above. and for some of them i would be majoring in creative writing or english (if they don’t have journalism) but all of my schools are either in the city or right outside, and it would be much better for internships and hands-on learning experiences :slight_smile:
and i’ve heard nyu has a respectable journalism program? and it’s in the city, so that’s gotta help! :wink:
what school does your daughter go to?</p>

<p>bump… got into NYU CAS applied for journalism.
how is their program??
would like to probably double major with poli.sci.
and inter-school minor (tisch) with applied theatre or performance studies</p>

<p>Go to Syracuse Newhouse school if you want solid Journalism. There would be no need to look elsewhere.</p>

<p>umm… i didn’t apply to syracuse. it’s not listed above with the schools that i <i> did </i> apply to, and am looking for suggestions on. ‘kaythanks! ;)</p>