Undergraduate Geology Program

<p>I know for a fact that University of Arizona’s graduate geology program is ranked #1 in the nation, but what about the undergraduate program? How good is it? Just because it is ranked #1 for graduate, doesn’t mean that it is also the same for its undergraduate program due it allocation of resources? </p>

<p>In addition, I know that the tuition is around 27k whereas the board will be around 7k (that’s for honors college dorm). Yes, I am aiming for Honors College and I do not doubt my chances.
Alas, how much financial aid is given out? As an international/out-of-state student, I know that public universities generally aren’t too generous on its grants. How much can I expect?
My dad is still working, but he will be retiring soon. Since we don’t earn in american currency, budget’s a bit tight. </p>

<p>I could always try for the scholarships, but man I doubt it. Maybe I can get really high ACT/SAT scores if I keep trying and send it in by May 1, but the extracurricular and leaderships? I’m only mediocre, for now. </p>

<p>The cost for attending this school is a bit on the high end for my family. </p>

<p>Ultimately, my concern is the credibility of undergrad geology and financial concern.
Thanks.</p>

<p>I am not familiar with the Geology program but do know a little about the Honors College. To apply there is only one application to fill out, if you are interested in the Honors College you check the box on the regular application and complete a supplemental essay. This is also the same application for scholarships, it is pretty straightforward. </p>

<p>As far as I know (from experience two years ago) openings in the Honors college and scholarship dollars are awarded first come first serve which means that if you are interested you should apply NOW, do not wait until May. In our case, we heard back by end of Nov with Honors College status and the scholarship dollars awarded. All the responses came at the same time, so rather than speculating what you will receive you should just apply and see what is offered.</p>

<p>thanks OnTrack2013! </p>

<p>i will be applying to UA for geosciences (geology). i wanna ask if it’s possible to double major in geology and entrepreneurship? i looked up info on this from the site, but i got even more confused…</p>