Understanding degree works

<p>If you take the 6 hours of Foreign Language (Spanish) it satisfies the FL requirement.
But under humanities/fine arts… Sp 101 and 102 are also listed to fill that requirement.
So my question is does it fill both of only the FL?</p>

<p>I am no expert but I don’t think so. But what I figured out (with a little help from CC) is that my DD was taking 6 hours of Computer Science anyway with her major (St 260 and Acct 289) so that would satisfy the computer/FL requirement. Then sp 101 and 102 classes can be used for humanities.</p>

<p>Please correct me anyone if I am wrong! :)</p>

<p>You have to have 6hrs of computer science or a language. After that any additional language credits are considered humanity credits.
Pp</p>

<p>ParkTN: see if the catalog explains “double-counting” of credits. That might be what you are thinking of. </p>

<p>The 2 Spanish courses would count for your FL credit but not double-count for humanities. That’s my opinion. I hope someone else will chime in and confirm or refute this. :)</p>

<p>You can’t “double count” classes in more than one section </p>

<p>If you’re counting Spanish classes for FL, then you can’t count those SAME courses for Humanities. To count for Humanities, then you’d have to take ADDITIONAL Spanish or other HU classes.</p>

<p>If you’re counting Spanish for Humanities, then you’d have to take additional FL or C classes to fulfill that req’t. What is DW showing in that section?</p>