Understanding Spanish book order

<p>Hi, Would someone have time to look at son’s summer SPANISH (103) and help me understand the book ordering.
There are three texts listed.
A bundle at $279 not available
CD set $58<br>
e-book $120 not available
beside each it says choose one???</p>

<p>Some of this is listed cheaply on Amazon, but there was a warning about it wouldn’t have a book key that is probably necessary for on-line homework.
I could also use advice on where to order if the bookstore is really out.
And I assume he will need books when class starts July 5.</p>

<p>this class is offered at same time by two different instructors…Alford or Medina
Right now he is registered for alford, but space is available in both sections
Also in the listing Medina has a NR listed before the CRN #… what does that mean?</p>

<p>1-4282-0984-0 MARTINEZ-LAGE (BUNDLE) / BUNDLE SP+ TU DIRAS 4E Choose One $279.00 N/A</p>

<p>1-4130-3170-6 MARTINEZ / TU DIRAS QUIA W/ I-LEARN (E-BOOK)(3 SEMESTER) Choose One $120.00 N/A</p>

<p>1-4130-2810-1 MARTINEZ-LAGE (Best Value) / TU DIRAS W/ 3 CD’s HEINLE/ Choose One $90.00 58.50</p>

<p>Hmmm…not sure what to do since “not available”…does that mean you can’t order it? </p>

<p>When in doubt about textbooks, always:</p>

<p>1) email prof and ask what’s needed</p>

<p>2) call the SUPE store and ask for advice…even if you’re not going to order from them, they can usually tell you what you need.</p>

<p>All I know is that FL classes/books are about the priciest that my kids ever experienced. My older son took SP 103 and I was shocked how much the books were. I know that he did use that Tu Diras book.</p>

<p>BTW…for eng’g majors…I noticed a Spanish for engineers class. Interesting.</p>

<p>The SupE store does have both the bundle ($279) and the e book ($120) available new. The N/A only applies to the used book.</p>

<p>Ack! Yes! For some reason my iPad version made it hard to see that the N/A was for the “used” option.</p>

<p>As for that pricey bundle…My son never used the other book that came with it, so I don’t know if that’s really necessary. I’d find out if that “best value” option is good enough.</p>

<p>Thank you for your input. I just called the book store and I understand more now.
They thought his choice is any of the three…
One option is just the book (no quia which I understand to mean online access for homework?) so that doesn’t work.
Another option is online book and quia
Or the bundle which is online book, quia and a hardback (I think of the same information?)</p>

<p>With an I-pad to use in class would there be a need for a hardback book?</p>

<p>What other baseic school supplies are needed?
paper, pens, backpack, computer, does that cover it?</p>