Uni dorms

<p>hey everyone,</p>

<p>im going to UW Madison this autumn, and trying to choose the right dorm for me. i want it to be comfortable, nice and also quite party-type! lol</p>

<p>and btw, im an international student, so i also wouldnt mind some diversity! :P</p>

<p>Look over the booklet (I presume you received it, otherwise you can find it on the Res Halls website) and website, also look at past UW CC threads which state what to look for. The biggest decision is Lakeshore vs Southeast, or country/suburban vs city/urban to simplify. You will be providing the most diversity by coming from another country. Use Google Earth and at the Res Halls website click on all the possibilities under each dorm description...even the lofting guide. The food service for the dorms is not the issue- you can eat at any of them and they offer the same amenities on both ends of campus. Have fun doing this homework!</p>

<p>Hey, I'm an international student as well. Just as a reference point, I chose the Southeast dorms.</p>

<p>thanx ppl...
really considering picking Smith.. it looks so perfect! :D.. anyone knows if theres anything bad about it?</p>

<p>Smith, being brand new, was hot last year. Also consider the new Ogg which opens this Fall</p>

<p>Remember that you may not get your first pick, especially if it is a popular dorm- have several you would like to live in at the top of your rankings.</p>

<p>Addenda- just got back from dropping son off after spring break and talked to a woman who got her 10th choice last year, son got his first choice- gotta love computers! Don't worry, though, all the dorms have plus points, and all are near something on campus...</p>