Unintentionally misreported grades on UC/CSU application. PLEASE READ

Basically, my teacher agreed that he would update one of my Junior Year grades from a B+ to an A, so I reported an A on the UC application before the transcript was updated, however the teacher decided not to update my grade last minute, and I don’t know what to do now.

I hadn’t updated the colleges about the issue yet, since my father and I had scheduled a meeting with the teacher to talk to him about it, but it was just confirmed that he wouldn’t change it. My teacher also offered to send a letter to the colleges explaining what had happened to minimize the damage, and I plan on referring the admissions team to my school counselor/principal as well, so it can be confirmed that I did not do this intentionally. Will I be rescinded for sure from these institutions? I plan on calling them/sending email on Monday.

Someone please give me some advice.

Thanks

If the schools have documentation from the teacher and you notify the schools about the grade discrepancy, you should be fine. Just make sure to keep any correspondence and documentation.

Just to reiterate, I reported an A grade on my application because my teacher had told me it would be changed, but he decided last minute to keep it as a B. Isn’t this grounds for being rescinded? My reason is quite valid though so idk

So in other words, my transcript will have a B, but I reported an A

You notify the Schools that it was a mistake Have your teacher and/ or counselor submit documentation to backup your story and make sure the schools acknowledge they received the documentation. Mistakes are made just make sure they are notified in a timely manner.