Unique offer froma UC only 2%?

<p>So i got this email from UC Riverside basically saying that I am guarenteed admission into the school. They say "This is a very unique offer that we make to only 2% of all students who applied to the UC system this year.</p>

<p>I know my friends have gotten emails about applyig to UC Riverside but they didn’t get the email that said 2% of all appliants. And I know that UCR is not that competitive as the other UC’s. But I was curious, did anyone else get the “2%” statement. Or are do they just send that to a large amount of people to get them interested in the school? How do they caculate this?</p>

<p>A couple of my friends got the same thing. They were definitely not top 2% or whatever of the class or even applicant pool. I don't know how UCR determines this though.</p>

<p>lol. I guess they do it to make you feel special. but there thing said top 2%?</p>

<p>Enjoy the letter...</p>

<p>I never heard of the 2% thing, but it must be bullcrap. They send the same letter to almost every person who meets the minimum requirement for UCs and enrolled in a California high school. Unless only 2% of people do that. Which is really sad, if it was true.</p>

<p>lol Mercurial</p>

<p>Mercurial, which school do you go to? Haha. I'm in Newark. lol. So NMHS.</p>

<p>Washington :D</p>

<p>i got the same thing..
i dont believe it because my friends are stanford hopefuls and i pale in comparison to them
i like ucr though.. maybe attending..</p>