Univ of Michigan Engineering: ACT Math 25-75% range

Hello! Does anyone have insight into the 25-75% Math ACT range for Univ of Michigan Engineering? I know that the Median ACT for enrolled students is a 34, but looking for more info on the math scores specifically. Thank you!

Should be in here.
https://obp.umich.edu/campus-statistics/common-data-set/

C9 should give you the information you want

The poster wants to know about engineering admits specifically. That’s not typically broken out in the CDS, and I don’t see it done in Michigan’s CDS.

@NYR36 in asking this question, you might want to know in-state vs OOS stats, too. I’m not sure it is available, but it’s a layer you might want to add to your thought process.

1 Like

You are correct but at Michigan there really isn’t a huge difference between LSA Act scores and engineering.

LSA is 32-35 and engineering avg is 34 as stated. I would use the 32-35 as a gauge for engineering avg after seeing these numbers for over 7 years.

There are always some admitted with lower scores but it’s rare.

There really isn’t an engineering breakdown as you stated. @CCName1

1 Like

I know this wasn’t asked specifically but the OP should look at this.

1 Like

Thank you both. That’s all helpful. Maybe to clarify I’m specifically looking for the Math ACT range, not the overall, for Engineering specifically and, yes, for out of state.

My child’s overall ACT is right at the Median for engineering, but it’s actually the math score (at a 32) that pulls it down. The other scores are 35s across the board. I’m wondering if the 32 is lower than their 25%-75% range and will actually hurt the application. So better to not submit (re-testing is another battle perhaps). (Assume the rest of the app checks the boxes – with no guarantees of course)

Any insights into the Engineering ACT math would be helpful. Thank you!

Submit the score. 32 is a good score. It’s only a few questions away from a 34 and they know it. No one score is going to hurt your son’s application, if within range . If he got good grades in math in high school he is fine. He should be taking the highest math his school offers in his progression. Same with science like physics. They do like rigor. Make the essay personal, interesting and if he can unique

1 Like

Thank you. That’s all helpful.

Only way to possibly get this info is to contact U Mich’s Institutional reporting department and ask.

2 Likes