Univ of West Virginia School of Nursing

Does anyone know much about quality of program and it’s not direct so what percentage of students get in after the one semester waiting period?

@BillMorgan WVU nursing seems to have a hybrid acceptance: limited number of spots direct entry or pre-nursing. My son received his acceptance for direct entry, but it states very clearly in the acceptance letter that due to the limited number of direct entry spots they will only accept tuition deposits until a certain number is reached with deposits after that point shuffled into pre-nursing, and your spot is lost into direct entry. I believe their website sets forth the requirements for direct entry admittance vs pre-nursing. I have heard that it is a good program from friends of friends (nothing official that I could point you to) who are in the program. I’ve also heard it is difficult, but honestly I would expect that at any university. WVU isn’t high on my son’s list as he was accepted at other schools he prefers either in terms of reputation or in terms of money, although WVU doesn’t break the bank for OOS.

I don’t know anything about their nursing program, but WVU has always attracted large numbers of students from PA. It is a pleasant campus in an interesting town, right along a major interstate.

I think it’s a good program but I wouldn’t recommend that you go unless you go direct admit.