University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

We received merit letter in the mail today. Trustee scholarship 16k/year. Better than I was expecting so very happy!
OOS
4.1 GPA
5 AP, 2 DE, 13 honors
1290 SAT
Will be attending College of Ed and Human Development for Human Relations Admin

3 Likes

Around 99% UW GPA. The school uses a %.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Based on their FAQs for Honors College admissions ( I know it references 2021 stats but it should give you an idea)

"UD expects to enroll just over 4,400 new first year students in the fall of 2021. Honors students are about 11% of the new incoming class.

What percentage of students admitted to the Honors College are from out of state?
About ⅔ of UD students are from out of state and Honors mirrors the university."

My son received a merit letter last night.

President’s Scholarship: $15K
OOS
4.23 GPA
5 AP/5 DE
1330 SAT
Lerner College of Business - Undeclared

Still makes it pretty pricy OOS. Does anyone know if there are additional department scholarships offered?

Only for about 20 of those admitted with the highest stats, top of their classes, high scores.

1 Like

I’d hope so, because UD doesn’t strike me as particularly eager to draw high stat OOS. Their best merit-scholarships still put COA at about 40k a year!

1 Like

Yeah. I’m not getting warm fuzzy feelings for my OOS high stats kid.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there will be any decisions released this week?

In the past, on holiday weeks UDEL Admissions released decisions mid-week. So, for instance, during the week of Thanksgiving, they released on Wed. 11/23 - the date my son received his decision. Good luck everyone! We are all pulling for your kiddos!

I called admissions this morning and they will be releasing decisions this Friday but they close at noon so it will be a morning decision release

6 Likes

My child
applied: mid-October
received their acceptance on 12/9
Received Merit Package: 12/19.
SAT: 1550
GPA: 3.93 W

HonorsCourses: 15
AP/DE Classes: 8
AP Scores all 4s and 5s
OOS
Competitive Stem HS, high rigor, graduating HS with 34.5 classes inc. Multivariable & AP Comp Sci. Varied EC with Leadership. Explained Covid DL grade dip.

Received merit award last night as well - Trustee Scholarship 17k
Stats (copied from last response):
SAT: 1370 submitted
GPA: 3.93 UW, 4.39 W
AP Courses: 8 (including senior year)
State: NH
Applied date: 10/21
Decision date: 11/23
Major: Environmental Science
Decision/College: Earth, Ocean, and Environment

2 Likes

Did any instate folks got any merit award?

@lfsr Hmmm
 and how many kids receive a Presidential and/or Trustee Scholarship?

1 Like

@Excel_Dad agreed. My OOS daughter has a UW4.0 GPA, 1560 SAT, and top 5 in her class, and received the $15K Presidential scholarship - not the Trustee. It’s only a $2K difference per year but it is interesting to see lower stat applicants receiving the $17K max merit. Not sure if that is yield protection at play, but we were hoping her stats would help defray more of the total cost.

1 Like

Did anyone applying TO get a merit award yet?

Sorry - what’s TO?

Test Optional

1 Like

Now that seems obvious - sorry. My DD got 10k/year (a Destination Delaware scholarship) and was test optional. OOS, 3.9/4.3, several APs, good ECs.

3 Likes