University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you for posting this so I knew what it would look like. Just checked and my daughter got same - destination Delaware $10k. As for how long it’s been there, when we checked a few hours ago, it definitely wasn’t there

3 Likes

Three of my kids applied to UD, their merit awards lined up with their stats, there appeared to be a little change due to Covid and TO, but my twins applied the same year with different stats and I predicted their awards correctly.

1 Like

My OOS Twins only received a $2000 Merit, with Stats:

Criminal Justice
Out of State
4.1 GPA
Test Optional

Stats:
Engineering
4.0 GPA
Test Optional

was this ea or rd?

Weighted or unweighted? Before Covid it seemed like merit really took scores into consideration.

EA, They were accepted in Nov

1 Like

Unweighted.

Son:
Cumulative Weighted GPA: 4.1110
Cumulative UnWeighted GPA: 4.0240

Daughter:
Cumulative Weighted GPA: 4.1390
Cumulative UnWeighted GPA: 4.0890

Has anyone who applied REGULAR decision heard yet?

1 Like

I guess they’re still using test scores to determine merit?

How can they use SATs or ACTs when they are Test Optional?

TO is for admissions, some colleges still use scores for merit.

After receiving my merit package in the mail in December I finally received my full financial aid package today January 21 in the mail

My DD was TO. She received DD 10,000. Which is probably the lowest merit for OOS…maybe if she had submitted it would have been better… But, we are thankful for what she received.

The poster I was replying to has OOS twins who received $2000 each, so $10,000 is not the lowest award.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure they use weighted GPA for merit. Of course, it’s how they weight it, and it’s out of 5.0. Go on to their Net Price Calculator and play around with different GPAs, and you will get different amounts of estimated merit. I don’t know if they just use “core” classes or all classes and if they give honors a .5 boost and AP/DE a 1.0 boost or what. But it definitely seems that that is what they are using to determine merit. My OOS daughter had a 3.9 unweighted and a 4.5 weighted (how our school weights, not sure how UD is doing it), and she got the highest merit available at $17K. She applied test optional.

1 Like

Same I had a 3.9 unweighted and at my school weighted it was a 4.0, but they must weight it differently. I am OOS and they gave me max merit of 17k per year. They also said in my scholarship that they would get my financial aid package early which I did receive about a week before others. Still haven’t heard back from honors college. Supposedly no one who appleid through common app has heard from the honors college. Hoping for this week.

1 Like

my d23 (who did not apply to honors program- maybe there was a button / check mark option on the common app ?? , ) but was notified a couple weeks after admission that she was accepted to the honors college … maybe contact admissions to inquire?

1 Like

Interesting … I did the rough math after scholarships etc and came out maybe 5000$ more than pitt tuition after all merit scholarships…

My DD says her portal says 2/15 for Honors college release.

3 Likes

my dd received 5K