University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

Haha hopefully they are holding on to some big fat merit too

1 Like

They have sent out honors decisions for some. I got mine the other day.

1 Like

Can someone please explain to me how merit works? My dd has 4.6 W and 3.7 UW gpa. Checked the portal today and it says $8500 total over 4 years? This doesn’t seem right to me where a lot of her classmates were getting much more per year. How can we appeal? We are waiting for the official letter but it seems to be complete. I am so disappointed
Adding to say that she also has lots of ECs and leadership experience, as well as works. Not sure what they’re looking for?

Test scores? OOS? My daughter with an uw 3.9 34 act got $17,000 a year, another with a 3.9 33 act got $15,000 a year, son with an uw 3.7 30 act got $10,000 a year, all OOS. The first one was pre- Covid and I believe test scores were really important.

2 Likes

@Mjkacmom My accepted student for 2023 4.05 weighted and 32 ACT and only got 10,000 out of state. Good friend has a higher GPA but test optional and he got 15,000 . Not enough to make it interesting for us

If they ask for mid-year grades, and you did good in everything except the foreign language but you’re not failing it, how would admissions see that?

My OOS kids have 4.0 UW ton of ECs and Legacy students and only received $2,000 over the 4 years. I heard that Colleges recalculate your GPA by only using your Core Classes and all extra classes don’t count. So getting an A in Gym, Art, etc
 doesn’t count toward your real GPA they use for Admissions and Merit.

Curious to know whether those who received the Presidential Scholarship (15K) were accepted to Honors as well. DS Recvd 15K per year OOS but still waiting on Honors decision.

2 Likes

There’s an appeal form in the financing your degree section of the portal. It’s under the faq section for appealing merit aid.

1 Like

My OOS kid only received 10k a year, high stats and got into honors college

1 Like

Thanks. We know he will know one way or the other by 2/15, but the wait is agonizing. He loves UDel but is only truly interested if he gets into their HC. Can’t believe he hasn’t heard yet. He was first accepted 11/11. 15K Merit per year came early December. Now crickets on HC.

2 Likes

We are OOS. 1220 SAT. It doesn’t seem right to go by test scores which are TO. She did submit her scores however bc they were in the range. This is for Lerner school. I’m not sure if that’s what they go by either. We’ll definitely appeal and see what happens. This is one of her top choices and I was definitely expecting more. Now we have to rethink

My DD received the Presidential Scholarship and was accepted to Honors as well. She was admitted on 12/9 and received the Honors notification on 1/20

1 Like

TO is not test blind, many colleges still utilize scores for merit and admission. My kids needed merit to go OOS, my 2021 HS graduates managed to take the SAT/ACT a few times in spite of tons of cancellations, just to increase merit options.

1 Like

Don’t give up hope. My daughter was accepted mid-Nov, got merit in Dec. and just received Honors College acceptance this evening.

3 Likes

@sseoni75 Congrats to your daughter!!! Fantastic! Still nothing for my DS tonight. Guessing he’ll hear next Friday now-one way or the other. Did your daughter receive the 15K Presidential Scholarship?

1 Like

My daughter just got into honors today! She originally heard that she got in on Dec. 2. Yay!

2 Likes

She got the trustee scholarship for 17K. Hang in there and good luck to your son!! The waiting is hard.

1 Like

Hi I’m a senior OOS who applied to UD a couple weeks ago. I just tried signing into my applicant portal today, to find that my email is not in their system anymore, so I cannot reset my password, and my password does not work? Has anybody else had this problem this year, and if so, what did you do to sign in again? I just sent an email to their admissions team as well. Thanks in advance!

Daughter just got in RD tonight OOS for Biology!
She actually meant to apply EA but didn’t get the SRAR figured out till too late. So they’ve had her app for awhile. She forwarded her first semester grades to improve her app.

She is super excited and signed up for Destination Day and is eagerly awaiting merit and Honors news. This school checks every single one of her boxes!

5 Likes