University Fellows Semi-Finalist support board?

<p>I’m sitting here, staring at my phone, waiting for my interview, and my heart is beating really fast! I thought I’d start a thread for anyone waiting for their interviews/want to let somebody know how it went!</p>

<p>My daughter and I are doing the same thing. The waiting is the worst. Hang in there and be yourself. You’ll do great!</p>

<p>Good luck to you both! Just be your amazing self and you will do just fine! RTR!!</p>

<p>She gave them her cell and she just looked down and she had no service. Just turned phone on and off. Oh my goodness!</p>

<p>Can you quickly email a new phone number for the UFE to try?</p>

<p>Has anyone had their interview yet?</p>

<p>It’s working now. Just hope we haven’t missed it.</p>

<p>Yes. You can email a different number. The interview may be delayed until Thursday. Anticipation only grows as time goes by. If they don’t get you on the first try, they will try again. If you know for sure that your phone isn’t working, definitely let them know asap. Remember the ones conducting the “interview” are just as anxious and fatigued. They’ve already reviewed hundreds of applications and essays. Stay calm! Don’t speak at a break-neck speed and BE YOURSELF! They want to hear what you have to say and how you communicate that. GOOD LUCK!</p>

<p>She is interviewing now!</p>

<p>How did it go? what did they ask? How long was it?</p>

<p>Ok so she’s out the door. From the quick synopsis i got they were typical interview questions. Nothing specific about her essays. They did give her a chance to ask any questions she had. I think all the other posters are spot on. They just want to get a better sense of you as a person. Good luck to everyone still interviewing.</p>

<p>It seems that since they ask so little in the phone interview, they already have somewhat of a short list, or idea of who will be the finalists. But then why do they have so many phone interviews?</p>

<p>Had mine a few hours ago! It was about 7 minutes long, like what I’ve heard from other people. I was surprised that it was like a conference call, with two current Fellows asking questions at all- kind of threw me off. It’s so hard to tell how I think I did because my mind went blank and all the points I wanted to mention were just gone! I guess we’ll find out soon!</p>

<p>*two current fellows asking questions as well</p>

<p>They do not have a short list pre-phone interviews.</p>

<p>Good Luck to those interviewing!</p>

<p>Son just finished his interview. It was longer than he was expecting. Twelve minutes. Did not ask if he had any questions. Not sure if the length is a good sign or bad</p>