University Fellows

<p>Sorry it took so long to respond. I only get on about once a week. My d heard back exactly 3 weeks from the submission on her application via her myBama account. We have yet to receive the snail mail that was promised 7-10 days after her electronic acceptance. She is also still unable to apply for the UF program…we are waiting to hear back from the University as to why. :)</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the CBHP essays are seen by the University Fellows committee? DS wants to write on the same experience as he used for CBHP. Of course it will be a different essay, due to the prompt. However, he certainly doesn’t want to use the same experience if some of the committee members are the same. Thanks!</p>

<p>My daughter recently decided that she wants apply for the University Fellows. Unfortunately she is too late to submit a teacher rec. Can anyone speak to how important the teacher rec part of the application is?? I’d hate to see her spend all weekend working on the essays if she won’t even be considered? TIA for any help…</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the CBHP essays are seen by the University Fellows committee</p>

<p>I doubt it. The groups are pretty much separate.</p>

<p>*My daughter recently decided that she wants apply for the University Fellows. Unfortunately she is too late to submit a teacher rec. Can anyone speak to how important the teacher rec part of the application is?? I’d hate to see her spend all weekend working on the essays if she won’t even be considered? TIA for any help… *</p>

<p>Is this a new thing? I don’t recall UFE students needing LORs before. If this is the first year, it’s hard to say how needed they will be.</p>

<p>Isn’t there a teacher who can do one? Sometimes a teacher will let the student write the rec, email it to the teacher, and then the teacher tweaks it a bit and sends it in. See if a teacher will agree to that.</p>

<p>I don’t think it will be a big deal if the LOR doesn’t meet the date deadline. Schools are used to teachers being late with LORs.</p>

<p>If your daughter meets the automatic eligibility requirements, the Letter of Recommendation is optional and is due December 14. If she needs a letter of recommendation to be nominated, it looks like it’s too late for that. [Honors</a> College - Prospective Students](<a href=“http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/index.php?page=ufe-prospective-students]Honors”>http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/index.php?page=ufe-prospective-students) Good luck!</p>

<p>On the UFE application it says the Letter of Rec was due before the main deadline on Dec. 1. I don’t know if they’ll accept it now.</p>

<p>Highbury…</p>

<p>Does your child need the rec in order to qualify to apply?</p>

<p>I’m thinking that she doesn’t if she has access to the essay prompts.</p>

<p>No m2ck she doesn’t need the rec in order to apply…At this point she’s just going to go ahead and apply without the rec - thank for your help.</p>