University Fellows

<p>Okay, registration payment links etc. appear on my son’s myBama page, so it appears that he has been accepted.</p>

<p>There are also links for the application to the Honors and Fellows program. He knows that he has to fill out the Honors one first. Does the presence of the Fellows link mean that he has been invited to apply for that? He has received no snail mail or e-mail from UA, other than the original info letters about honors and the NMF scholarships.</p>

<p>Would love to hear of anyone’s experience with the Fellows program. Forgive me if this is a repetitive posting. We are pretty new to the UA thread.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>If your son is a NMF, then his “stats” are going to be good for either CBHP or UFE. A letter of invite may arrive, but I’m sure your son will qualify.</p>

<p>Both of those programs are obviously very competitive, but I would highly recommend going through the process. My D applied to both and was chosen for CBHP. She LOVES it, and some of her current friends are people she met through the process. Good luck to your son. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions you may have. Roll Tide, beat LSU!!!</p>

<p>Oh, and here’s the link to the honors college. The academic requirements are in the prospective student section for each program: <a href=“http://honors.ua.edu/[/url]”>http://honors.ua.edu/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>You can only see the UFE application if you qualify to apply. My D applied for both UFE and CBHP. She didn’t make either one, but she received one of the Crimson scholarships offered through the National Alumni Association (roughly equivalent to NMF package). She was also admitted to the Emerging Scholars program which will give her access to research opportunities freshman year without the need to take the computer classes required by CBHP (which suited her just fine, since she’d rather be in biology or music classes).</p>

<p>Definitely apply for UFE, but there are still many fabulous opportunities at UA even if you don’t make it. D is having a fabulous freshman year!</p>

<p>Thanks for the info!</p>