University Fellows

<p>Trvl, what were your stats?</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID Pro using CC App</p>

<p>^^^
mathisfun111: I am a parent, I referred to last year’s calendar to provide the timeline. </p>

<p>As far as stats…as others have expressed, all who apply to UFE are high stats student. Being in the upper zone of high stats may be an advantage but I think UFE is looking deeper then stats when selecting a class. I suspect they attempt to put together a diverse group of students based on academic interest, extracurricular interest, geographical diversity, leadership ability and maturity which are likely shown by involvement and experiences in the communities they come from. </p>

<p>Applying to UFE is like applying to the Ivy’s…everyone who applies is qualified by #’s….it just boils down to not enough spots for an abundant amount of strong applicants. The desire to create a diverse class who will bring various strengths and interest etc., to the program is not something I think there is or can be a formula for or that is based on stats alone.</p>

<p>The important thing for everyone to remember is …If you were an applicant for UFE and found out you were not selected for the phone interviews please realize there are so many wonderful opportunities at UA that any student with ability and commitment to pursue their goals will be supported to succeed at UA. Although it is an honor to be a University Fellow I don’t think any student is limited by not being one.</p>

<p>Thanks Trvlbug! And I completely agree, at this point it’s all relative and all depends on individuals. </p>

<p>Anywho, I guess I’ll find out via snail mail in a bit! Thanks so much for the info guys!</p>

<p>Bump… :]</p>

<p>If anyone gets notification (on UFE/CBHP finalist selection), would they mind posting their state here? I’m getting antsy!</p>

<p>Still nothing, I’m getting so nervous!</p>

<p>I know! It’s killing me!</p>

<p>My daughter’s results didn’t come in the mail today. Have any of you received yours?</p>

<p>Does UFE and CBHP finalists usually come out around the same time or is one announced before the other?</p>

<p>Check your Crimson email.</p>

<p>I just checked my crimson email & nothing there yet either. I thought they were notified by snail mail last year for UFE.</p>

<p>I just checked my crimson email as well and nothing…I guess they’re waiting until the last possible moment. They will email us if we didn’t make it right?</p>

<p>Has anyone heard anything positive or negative yet? Its starting to get late…</p>

<p>Nothing here, either.</p>

<p>Haven’t heard anything from FL.</p>

<p>It’s in the snail mail! I made finalist!</p>

<p>Congrats lterry on UFE finalist. Good luck and Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Congratulations!!
Was it the red 6x6 envelope like they said it was last year?</p>

<p>Congrats Iterry! Good Luck!</p>

<p>Congrats lterry! Thats great! Where are you out of curiosity?</p>

<p>And to answer wdaveo’s question, they are both supposed to be announced around this week. </p>

<p>Good luck everyone! They’re on their way!</p>

<p>Great job, Iterry, congrats!</p>