University Honors and Engineering Honors

My DD got her acceptance to Engineering last week! Yay! And super surprised it happened so early but she does have outstanding stats. My question is what is the timing on notification on University and Engineering Honors programs. She has submitted apps for both.

I think acceptance into these programs will effect her decision on attending so just wondering how long we will have to wait.

Thanks!

@MamaLaRay

I see you didn’t get any responses, so I’ll share what I know about my son’s experience.

I don’t know the exact date he was offered a spot in Engineering Honors, but it was before December 20th. He waited a few weeks before accepting the invitation to join.

One thing to watch out for is there will be an early acceptance deadline for engineering honors (was mid-January for us) in order to be considered for honors scholarships and to get priority for the living learning community which is ECOS (Engineering Community of Scholars).

I hope that helps!

@chercheur

Thanks! She has already applied to both University and Engineering Honors. Can she accept the honors without committing to the university? Some of her colleges won’t inform of acceptance until March.

Yes! Last year, students were told they could accept honors before they had accepted admission to the university. Accepting a spot in honors does not bind you to TAMU in any way.

@chercheur Perfect! Thanks so much.