University Honors Program Accept/Reject Decisions

Please post your accept/reject decision, date notified, chosen major, and some personal stats.

As of this post, our daughter has not been notified.

Bump for updates. We have not heard as of Jan 6. Two years ago, our son was notified early March.

@WineDrinker How was your son notified?

@freshmesh167

On March 1, 2016, he received an e-mail from: Office of Honors Programs honors@tamu.edu that said he was accepted into the University Honors Program. I do not recall if or when there was a status update to his Howdy or similar.

Oddly, on the same day he also received notification via email from UT Austin.

Hello! I was accepted to Business Honors in early December by mail, there was no change in my portal nor did I receive an email. I believe my resume and essays were very strong. I scored a 1430 on the SAT, did not take the ACT, and was ranked 34/794 at the time I sent my transcript. I sent in my application on October 28th, so I was surprised I heard back so early. I don’t know if this is helpful info, but the letter said that there are 85 spots in business honors this year, and that last year the average SAT score for admitted students was 1472. Best of luck! (:

Congrats @CollegeGirl3389 on your acceptance to BHP! Once you accept, you should see your major change to business honors. BHP works differently. FWIW, BHP standards are significantly higher than University honors for admission, so the scores & numbers are just for BHP not UH. UH is a significantly larger group (they fill two entire modular dorms).

My son got his acceptance to the Honors program for Engineering today!!! Whoop!

@ProudMomma3

That is great, congrats to both of you.
How was your son notified - email, and Howdy, …?

Do you mind reporting his stats, and which engineering degree?

Was there a specific application you had to fill put for Business honors @CollegeGirl3389? I was accepted as a history major but I can’t find anywhere to submit an application (it just says to email the director of the history department). I’ve already submitted my application for university honors but if given the chance I’d like to be in both history and university honors.

http://scholarships.tamu.edu/FRESHMEN

Here is a link to all of the scholarship applications for incoming freshmen. Each link takes you to different areas. Click on “University Scholarships” and then “College and Department” for departmental scholarship info