University Honors Program

I saw that there wasn’t a discussion for the University Honors Program yet, so I wanted to start one. I think the website says we are supposed to hear back some time in March, but does anyone know when people heard back last year for the program? Thanks!

Last year’s acceptance thread said people were emailed on March 6, so hopefully you (and my son) will know in the next couple weeks.

Can someone create a new thread for ‘corps of cadets decision stats’? Please?

During an Aggieland Honors session the speaker said notification would be early March. She also said they had over 2,000 students apply and would select 300-350 students.

Psywar jr. was accepted to the University Honors Program today.Check your personal email, it was NOT noted in Howdy nor his TAMU email. -psy

I was accepted–got an email a few minutes ago.

Yay just got accepted too!! Are you guys gonna go to the Parents Weekend Brunch/do you know anything more about it? Thanks and congratulations!

@XoXdreamerXoX @baconwaffle congrats to you both!

My son too was emailed this evening, and I don’t find anything on AIS/Howdy. He is admitted to biomedical engineering. He did Not get Engineering Honors at t.u., although admitted BME there too. In state, top 5%/1000, 3.9 UW GPA, 2310 SAT, 34 ACT, …

I guess I’ll post my stats:

10/832 rank
102.4/100 W GPA
3.85/4.0 UW GPA
2050 SAT
30 ACT
National Hispanic Scholar

Wait listed. The email says I can basically participate in honors though, as in signing up for honors courses. I guess I only wouldn’t be able to live in honors housing. Is this right?

Psywar Jr. Stats:

3 / 705 Rank
5.74 W GPA
4.00 UW GPU
2310 SAT
36 ACT
National Merit Finalist

@ItsOVO only university honors live in the honors dorms, required for freshman other than the corps university honors. The other honors programs do not require you to live anywhere specific, there usually isn’t any extra rooms in the university honors dorms. If you meet certain standards you can enroll in honors courses if there is space available. FYI - to graduate with honors you do NOT have to take any honors courses. It is 100% GPA based, and there are no weighted grades ( an A in honors =4.0, an A in regular =4.0). there are other activities & requirements that vary from one honors program to another. Most allow applicants to apply ( or re-apply) after your first semester at TAMU.

Thanks for the questions, all!

The acceptance won’t show up in Howdy or AIS (fingers crossed that we’ll have that collaboration for next year). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at honors@tamu.edu

Best,

Jon Kotinek
Associate Director
Texas A&M University Honors Program

So neither my son nor his best friend got in to the Honors Program. Top in their class with 35 and 32 ACT. Above 100 GPAs 4.0 uw GPAs and both had many academic e.c.(including state medals) and multiple years of varsity athletics in multiple sports. Stu. Co and other leadership for both. One was an Eagle scout, a National Merit commended student and an AP scholar with Honors. Sorry A&M your loss they both called other schools today and said they will be going there…