University Honors Program

<p>I've received the invitation for it and I was admitted to college of engineering. What is the UHP? Is it like a learning community or an advanced course or something?</p>

<p>I think you should have gotten a letter back on Jan. 15. Anyway, it reads something like this:

• you get special courses w/ distinguished profs
  • you have to take those courses, study abroad, or research for 24 credit hrs over your 4 years
  • you get a special diploma as long as you get those credit hrs and maintain a 3.6gpa
  • you have some extra study abroad opportunities
  • you can live in the Lyceum (living/learning community for UHP ppl)</p>

<p>So basically, you have some extra requirements w/ other UHP ppl and then you get like a sticker or something on your diploma</p>

<p>If I go to Purdue, ima do that Lyceum thing. Are you?</p>

<p>I’m also interested in this when I go to Purdue in 2 years. Has anyone been in the Honors program? Is it useful and is it hard?</p>

<p>UHP is great, it provides so many advantages to students. They schedule ahead and have so many other perks to take advantage of. Living in the Lyceum is a little excessive, sometimes it a too intense hard core environment. You will living with the same type of students as you, personally I choose not to do it because I wanted a little diversity.</p>

<p>thanks for the information :)</p>