University Honors

<p>So I was going through this website: Admissions</a> to Honors | University Honors | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>And I noticed that you don't have to submit a resume / curriculum vitae? Previous threads on this topic said that a resume was part of their requirement, but I'm guessing things have changed this year?</p>

<p>Any thoughts?</p>

<p>My daughter is currently a Freshman at Tech, and was invited to join University Honors at the end of last semester. She was asked to submit a CV and a personal statement along with her application.</p>

<p>The invitation to apply to Honors for incoming Freshman is based on GPA/SAT. Once at VT you can apply based on achievement at the university. The scores are only an initial weeder. Once that mark is met you apply. Here is a link with further information. This link is also available on the right of the page you have linked above.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.univhonors.vt.edu/downloads/VT_University_Honors_Application.pdf[/url]”>http://www.univhonors.vt.edu/downloads/VT_University_Honors_Application.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>NOTE: There are four pages so scroll down.</p>

<p>Yup I’ve gone through the application already, and it looks like no CV is required this year. Sounds good haha! Thanks!</p>

<p>While you’re in COSP (pathways planner) mode, might as well do a CV.</p>

<p>It’s always good to have one and if you don’t do it now chances are pretty good you’ll regret it or rush to do one before a deadline. Some scholarships and applications will require it and others will let you attach one. It paints a much better picture of you because the content doesn’t have the implied restriction of one page that a resume does.</p>

<p>Does anyone know when the letters will arrive inviting you to apply to university honors? And is there anyway to help ensure you get a letter like emailing admissions or visiting the school or something like that. I really want to go to tech but the only way my parents will let me is if i get into university honors. I have a 4.2 weighted gpa and a 34 act and 2120/1440 sat and two subject tests scores of 770-us history and 750 math1. also i took five ap exams last year and got a three 5s and two 4s. Do you think I have a good chance of at least being invited to apply??</p>

<p>A few batches are sent out during the year. I believe the NoVA + Maryland region just had theirs mailed last week.</p>

<p>My son received his in the mail yesterday, we are in the Richmond Virginia area. Good luck to all. His ACT is 34 and his weighted GPA is 4.8. Top 4 % in his class. Hope this helps.</p>

<p>I got my letter today in the mail in Northern Virginia though the letter said january 21, 2011
i have an ACT of 31 and a 4.2 weighted GPA</p>

<p>Mine was dated the 21st, NJ 32 act, 3.8ish gpa</p>

<p>Is everybody’s deadline to postmark the application by February 12th?</p>

<p>Dated the 21st as well for New Jersey. 2110 SAT, 4.2 Weighted GPA</p>

<p>ahh i guess that means i wasn’t invited to apply to university honors…i haven’t received a letter yet! i live in nc and i submitted my app on the last day possible. does anyone know if i still have a shot they maybe just haven’t sent my letter yet or i haven’t received it?</p>