University of Alabama application

I’m applying to the University of Alabama this year and I have a couple of questions about it.

I know that the application opens on July 1st, but can I start working on it before that? Will it roll over like the common app?

And if I apply on July 1st, can I take the July ACT and have my scores sent from that one or do I have to send my scores at the same time that I apply?

The University of Alabama application is really short - working on it early (if that is possible) will not save any time or headache. I’d mark it as a “July ToDo”.

You can ** certainly** send later test scores.

What’s drawing you to Alabama?

Ok thanks, that’s really helpful! I’m really interested in Alabama because of the location/weather, sports, campus life, and the merit scholarships. There’s really nothing I don’t like about it.

Are admissions decisions rolling?

@psssthoy

Yes rolling - submit in July and decisions start coming out after labor day.

@my2caligirls Does Alabama superscore? I could not find definitive information from the website, which leads me to believe that they do not.

@psssthoy, Alabama does not superscore for scholarships, so I assume they don’t for admissions either. They accept a pretty wide range of scores, however. Look at the Admissions Tracker here:

https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg01_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=469

You can compare that to any school you’re considering to get a better idea of how large that range is.

Does Alabama not have an essay? I started working on my application today and I finished it but I couldn’t find anything about an essay just the standard application and submitting test scores

@ashtynr99
There is no essay. It is a 5 minute application, unless you apply for additional programs like UFE or RRSP.

Correct, there is no essay. Easy peasy!

Once the application is done, when does the applicant get the “myBama” login information?

IIRC, in order to apply to UA, you have to create a log in. The log in is the MyBama login information. That’s also the login for the Crimson email account

Also, it may have just been a mistake for my daughter, but my daughter didn’t receive her acceptance notification on the email account she submitted. She only received it on her Crimson email account (which she never checks because she’d never given that email address to anyone.)

Question: does the UA application require letters of recommendation, counselor letter, etc.?

@projectmgr - no. The application is extremely easy and you will only need to send in official transcripts and test scores.

Thanks @mountainmomof3 :smile: