University of Alabama! Class of 2024! Who’s applied and who’s been accepted?

Hello All! Just wanted to share that UA Admissions answered my question in IG about when we might expect to see those coveted acceptance packages in the mail, once we have received the acceptance email…they replied that they’d be mailed in a “few weeks”. I had previously ready after Labor Day. Just wondered if anyone had received their packet yet? I’ve seen a couple of photos on IG. Sounds like they’ll be mailed soon!

We saw it on the portal first, and then a couple of days later the email came! Congratulations to your daughter! Roll tide!

Wonder if this is the same for Bama by Distance applicants

Same here, but only thing different in myBama for me is I now have access to degreeworks and the crimson email. Status changed today and today is also the first day I’ve have access to degreeworks. In degreeworks, my status says “applicant” but it has my course list of needed courses and the credits they accepted for transfer… does this mean accepted? I’m sweating bullets

Another way to check is to try the link to make your enrollment deposit…our daughter got an error message until she refreshed early this month and it has her info and a “congratulations you’re admitted” message.

Ahhh we see it on the portal but haven’t gotten an email. Yikes. Thanks! She is very excited. Roll Tide.

Hi I finally got the confirmation that both my transcript and SAT scores have reached them in addition to the application. My application status now shows “Complete ready for review”. I have not sent anything else. Any thoughts on how long after that will one see accept status if they are accepted?. OOS application from NorthEast. Thanks.

Daughter got her acceptance packet in the mail today!!! A great way to celebrate her 18th bday this weekend!!! ROLL TIDE!!! :heart:?

My S was accepted.

Student Gender: M

Home State: OK

Date Applied: mid July

Date Accepted: 8/6/2019

Have you visited the campus?: yes

Major: Exercise Science, pre-med track

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes, submitted Honors app 8/7/2019

Career goal(s): med school or PT school or something else sports medicine related

Anything else you’d like to mention: Should we put stats? 4.0 UW, 34 ACT. Might audition for drumline or pep band. Wants to swim club.
Bama is in his top three at the moment.

The new scholarship levels have been posted for Univ of Alabama! Theyve added categories for people with a gpa between 3.0-3.49 too. The amount has increased as well, I believe! It’s now a minimum of $8,000/yr for the Capstone Scholarship! https://scholarships.ua.edu/out-of-state/

For the record, S got the acceptance packet in the mail yesterday.

@matt2024 - we visited campus last week and they said that the office would be tied up through Labor Day as students return to school but acceptances would go out the first week of September. That said - you may be able to log into the portal yourself and see a status change before they email/mail you.

Good luck!

Thanks projectmgr. Hopefully will hear back soon on the portal.
Besides submitting the application, mailing the transcripts and sending the SAT score is there anything else that needs to be done for the decision? The status shows “Complete ready for review” but just wondering if they need anything else.

@matt2024 - Once you get “complete. ready for review” you’re all set. Just a matter of how quickly they process. Now that school is back in session, it could be days. If you don’t get an email, maybe refresh the portal starting Monday.

Good luck!

Anyone know when to expect decisions to start? Did anyone get accepted yet? From posts last year, it appears decisions started happening quickly in July within a few days. In 2017, it appears decisions didn’t start until after Labor Day. Thoughts?

MyBama application status shows decision made then it says decision letter mailed. Is there a way to know if I was accepted? It is for Bama by Distance. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! I have lurked these threads like crazy for the last year, but this is the first time I have actually posted. I know its early but I recently got my decision back and was wondering if anyone else had applied/who else is applying. Some stats on me (layout taken from a previous year’s forum):
Student Gender: F
Ethnicity: White
Home State: Massachusetts
Date Applied: July 1st (Transcript received on the 16th)
Date Accepted: August 6th
Have you visited the campus?: Not yet, but hoping to soon.
Major: Biology
Applying to the Honors College?: Yes
Career goal(s): Physician Scientist
Any else you’d like to mention: 4.21 W GPA and 36 ACT, so I will qualify presidential elite I think :).
Anyways, I just thought it would be cool to know who else is applying and feel slightly less crazy for applying so early.

Moderation Notes:
This is a report only thread, not a discussion thread or a Q&A thread. If you have such comments or questions, there are already existing threads that are appropriate, or feel free to start your own. It is quite easy to do. - (from previous thread).

HOWEVER: a couple of other Acceptance threads have been merged with this one so those do have comments/questions. So, those comments are exceptions. Going forward please only put the copy/pasted info below.

Copy paste the below and put in your answers. (it’s ok for parents to post about their child if they want)

Student Gender:

Home State:

Date Applied:

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?:

Major:

Applying to the Honors College?:

Career goal(s):

Any else you’d like to mention:

Student Gender: M
Home State: GA
Date Applied: July 2019
Date Accepted: August 2019
Have you visited the campus?: YES
Major: Computer Science
Applying to the Honors College?: NO
Any else you’d like to mention: Ok this is just my vent and not meant to stir up any controversy, but why do schools look at the ACT/SAT so highly over GPA for giving out of state Merit? My son is not a good test taker but is doing very well in his classes. 3.91 unweighted GPA in honors and AP classes. It just bugs me that you only need a 3.0 GPA to get money as long as you have a 28 on the ACT.

For my daughter:
Student Gender: F
Home State: Illinois
Date Applied: Early August
Date Accepted: Sep. 3
Have you visited the campus?: Yes
Major: Physics
Applying to the Honors College?: Yes
Career goal(s): Research Scientist