University of Alabama Class of 2026 Admissions

update! my daughter got her acceptance package in the mail today! Her portal still says submitted. No email either. Regardless, she is happy!

3 Likes

Congrats!! We received the scholarship letter today and that was two weeks from receiving the admissions email so be on the lookout!

5 Likes

My daughter just got her acceptance in Email! She actually visited this past weekend and loved it. Roll Tide!

4 Likes

No email but D got packet in mail about 2 weeks ago. She applied 8/1.

1 Like

Congratulations!
Do you mind me asking when your DD applied?

Thank you so much!

Thanks! I am going to say her application was complete on Sept 23 (her guidance counselor had uploaded the transcript and this was the date she had all green checks in the portal). On Oct 4 the acceptance package arrived in the mail and later that night she got an email and her portal changed. I had assumed the email and portal change would come first, but it did not. A little old school, but the package was great!

Our neighbor had all green checks on Sept 28 and got package in the mail Oct 5. Mail was faster?? ha I don’t know? His was same in that the portal did not change.

We live in Massachusetts and farther away so maybe the mail might be faster or slower depending on where you are located. Good luck to your son or daughter!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Such an exciting and nerve wracking time!!! We live in NY. My daughter submitted 10/1 but her guidance counselor just uploaded today. Still awaiting our green check marks!!!

1 Like

Same here! My son applied in September but counselor just downloaded yesterday
how did you get a portal to check??

1 Like

We applied Sept 13 and high school sent transcript on Sept 28.

you should have received an email from Alabama with sign in credentials after you submitted your application. Check you spam or trash folders. You will be able to sign in to portal and see status.

Thanks! My son applied on august 18th but counselor just submitted transcript 2 days ago. He never received an email (we checked spam) of how to sign up for a portal. I tried yesterday several times to call admissions but no answerđŸ˜«

Alabama’s Acceptance package has been the best so far (also accepted to Oklahoma State Univ., Texas Tech, and Ole Miss)! My son applied early on CommonApp and Alabama downloaded his app on August 18. His school sent his transcript in July and his counselor downloaded the school report on 9/24, but the official transcript is what really mattered. His acceptance package arrived in the mail on September 10, followed by a welcome letter from the President of the University on 9/22, and a scholarship letter on Oct. 1. We live in Texas and haven’t been able to make an official visit to the campus yet are scheduled to visit in late October. He applied to the College of Business and has always wanted to go to a traditional Southern school!

6 Likes

Heard anything yet
everything here was submitted by the 9th and wondering when we will hear something???

We have not! Waiting anxiously! Please keep us posted and we will do the same!

Will do!!

Good luck!

So we just checked my sons portal which had all green check marks since last Saturday and now it says we didn’t pay the $40 application fee??..I have the receipt and checked my credit card statement and it is on there so I guess I will need to call on MondayđŸ€Ș

1 Like

Funny - same happened on my brother’s portal today - I guess a glitch or they are making a decision. He opened a case with Common App and emailed Alabama.

1 Like

We did the same
going to call tomorrow too

2 Likes

This happened to us as well!

2 Likes