University of Alabama Tuscaloosa nursing

<p>Can someone explain to me how the bama Tuscaloosa campus nursing program work? I was accepted and I received a specific letter saying I was accepted to the capstone school of nursing. Now from what I have heard, it is not a direct admin yet I recieved that letter. I am confused on the type of nursing program bama Tuscaloosa offers. If anyone could help that would be wonderful! Thanks:)</p>

<p>Teekarex-Any student who declares Nursing at UA is accepted into the lower division nursing program, however, it is extremely competitive when it comes to getting into the upper division program which requires an application in your sophomore year and almost perfect grades. Approximately 200 students apply for both summer and fall promotion for only 96 spots each term. So less than half of the applying students get in each term. The average GPA to get into the summer session last year (2013) was a 3.9! (Bama gives 4.33 GPA pts. for an A+, which is why the average GPA is so high.) The students who do not have the GPA to get into nursing are basically left out in the cold! My daughter has just applied for upper division for the 2014 summer session with a 4.22 GPA. Even with such a high GPA, she has had an extremely stressful 2 years, always worrying about every little point on tests and labs. If you don’t think that you can maintain a really high GPA at Bama, and you really want to be a nurse, I would suggest that you consider a nursing school with a direct freshman admissions program. btw-GPA is the only thing considered for promotion-it doesn’t matter what gender or race you are or whether you have a resume that is a mile long. </p>