University of Arizona vs UCLA

Hi everyone,
So I’m currently deciding between UofA and UCLA for neuroscience this upcoming fall. I like UCLA because it has more opportunities for premed research, but I would be paying around 22K for tuition(my parents are covering housing and about half my tuition). I also like UofA because it’s close to home and the Mayo Clinic hospital and I get in-state tuition and a 16K scholarship, so I would not be paying anything for my undergrad studies since my parents will pay for housing. I hope to become a psychiatrist in the future, so saving money for med school is something I’m considering now when choosing a school. I like both schools equally and I’m still unable to choose one after much consideration, so if anyone has some advice that would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

You like them equally and Arizona is $22k less. This is one of the biggest no-brainers I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Agree with @Johnny523, plus “pre-med” students are plentiful at UCLA and the competition is fierce for those precious A grades in the Medical school course requirements.

Save the $22K/year and attend U of A.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Hi @silverfalls31, curious which school you picked and are you happy with your decision?

It has been well over a year since OP has been back on CC. You could PM @silverfalls31 to find out their decision but I am closing this discussion.