University of Binghamton Spring 2020 Transfer Students

Hey everyone, I’m applying as a transfer student to SUNY Binghamton for Spring 2020. Is anyone else applying as a transfer student for Spring 2020? I want to start a discussion so that we can all wait together and have a platform to share out decision and stats. Thanks! And Goodluck!!

Hey ! I just submitted my application yesterday as a transfer as well.

@skjnss goodluck! I got my decision already so you’ll probably get it soon too

@tsyktmk How did you get your decision so quick???

@jomarlyne I’m not really sure how they gave me my decision so quick. I haven’t submitted a deposit yet tho. I sent in my application mid September and got a reply back early October. SO yeah, it was very quick. I know some other friends who also got their decisions fairly quick too. Have you gotten yours yet?

@tsyktmk I’m awaiting my decision and I’m super nervous. I’m a first semester freshman and I don’t think my chances are all that great. What are your stats?

@tb1026 Hey, I think you will get in! Typically there are less transfer students applying, especially in the Spring semester, so odds are you will get accepted. Since I’m a sophomore, I only had to send in my college transcript since I have more than 24 credits. I have a 3.84 but I don’t think my GPA really influenced their decision. Regardless of your GPA, I think you can get in, if you don’t have a GPA above 3.0 you can maybe send in LOR or an essay to help :slight_smile:

@tsyktmk Hey!! I’m happy for you!! Currently, I have a 4.0 with one class that I changed to having S/U grading. I had to submit a high school transcript, my main concern is my SAT score. I had 1160.

@tb1026 Hey, sorry for the late message! Did you get a reply from Bing yet?? Also, don’t worry too much about the SATs, they look at everything, send in all the “optional” documents you have to increase your chances!!! Goodluck!

@tsyktmk It’s all good! I haven’t yet, but I’m hoping to get one very soon! Thank You!! How long did it take for you to get a reply?

It took about two weeks for me to get my decision, I am sure you’ll get in! Good luck! Let me know when you hear back! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I will!! @tsyktmk

Hey so I am currently applying to Harpur with a 3.22. There is only one class keeping my grade down and I was sick the last two weeks of that class. Do you think I will get into Harpur with that? I wish I could send in other things, I have great extracurriculars and achievements. I also planned on applying to SOM after retaking that one class. My gpa will be at a 3.6 after I retake the class and I’ll apply to som then. What do you think my chances are for both schools?