University of Calif. targets out-of-state students

<p>"The University of California is looking for out-of-state solutions to its money problems.</p>

<p>Faced with sharp cuts in state funding, the 10-campus system is ramping up its campaign to recruit high-paying students from other states and countries, even as record numbers of California students seek a UC education.</p>

<p>For a second year, UC officials in April reported a significant increase in out-of-state and international students admitted for the coming fall term, with the biggest jumps at its most selective campuses in Berkeley, Los Angeles and San Diego. Accepted students must notify schools by May 1 if they plan to enroll.</p>

<p>UC charges students from outside California nearly $35,000 in annual tuition, about three times what state residents pay.</p>

<p>But the university’s push to attract more nonresidents is fueling resentment among California students and families who have worked for years to gain admission to one of the country’s top public university systems…"</p>

<p>[University</a> of Calif. targets out-of-state students | The Associated Press | News | Washington Examiner](<a href=“http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2011/04/university-calif-targets-out-state-students-0]University”>http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2011/04/university-calif-targets-out-state-students-0)</p>

<p>this is old news. biiiiiiiiig yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn…</p>

<p>This is old news.</p>

<p>Main reason why sat subjects aren’t required anymore for uc app !</p>

<p>I just hear from someone that the UC’s no longer compare you to your fellow high school students when looking at your application - they look at your region of the state and compare you. When I investigated this online it said that each UC has their own policy on this (and that UC Santa Barbara still compares you to your fellow classmates) Does anyone know what the policy is here?</p>

<p>just got instate finally this year, it is possible</p>

<p>What I waste wahahahhaha good luck to others</p>