University of California Admissions

<p>Alright, so on the UC website, they have these two answers on their FAQ’s</p>

<p>May a student who receives a C in an “a-g” course in the ninth grade repeat the course in the 10th grade and try for a higher grade?
No. A student may only repeat a course in which a D or an F was earned. In this case, if the student repeated the course and earned an A or a B, the higher grade would not be counted.</p>

<p>Could a high school student take trig analysis (an advanced math class) during the summer at a college/university, and then take it again at the high school?
If the student earns a grade of C or better in the summer college course, that grade will be used by UC in the student’s evaluation; a second grade would be ignored.</p>

<p>I’ve applied to UC Irvine, UCLA, UC Berkeley, and UC Santa Cruz. I have a fairly good academic record etc., but last year I took Calculus B/C and got a C both semesters. Normally I’m very good at math but my head just couldn’t wrap around Calculus. So I took Calc as a college course, and the second time around… didn’t go so well. And I know UC guidelines say I can’t get anything below a C in an “a-g” course my senior year, but if I get a D or F in the course I can technically retake it at the college. However, I already have a C in a calculus course, so will they ignore the second grade from the college?</p>