University of Chicago Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Let’s not forget about the free tshirts but after application, nothing!

Oooooh - fancy! :slight_smile:
We got enough mailings from them to wallpaper a room, but I don’t recall seeing a t-shirt. Maybe that bodes well for you. Best of luck!

3 Likes

My daughter sent her test scores to 4 schools (for free), UChicago being on of them. Noone else responded, UChicago not only responded, but also sent a tshirt. I was impressed :blush: Good luck to you too!

3 Likes

The t shirt was a nice surprise!

1 Like

Does UChicago ever have any portal signs?

The only thing that was different from yesterday is that there’s no withdrawal button on mine anymore

1 Like

I still have mine…

really? do you think having the button or not means anything?

With some schools it did but other it did not. Really no idea

Anyone’s portal look like this? You can see the circled red area is where the withdrawal button used to be, but now it’s gone? Does it mean anything?

1 Like

Mine is gone too. I think it just means decisions are coming out today

Did you guys apply Rd or are from EA/ED? I just RD and was wondering if that had anything to do with it

What time historically have they posted?

Around 4pm CST I think.

2 Likes

Applied EA. Withdraw button still there could mean a waitlist? Once you are accepted or rejected I assume you cant withdraw anymore.

2 Likes

Also EA. I’m disappointed with all I’ve been reading lately about EA not being worth the bother because they just use it to defer everyone hoping for a switch to ED2.
I had first came across doing EA because DS is a direct legacy and read that early was the time to apply in that situation. Financial aid is important and we own our own business, so ED was out of the question. Now if feel like I steered DS wrong and he should have just waited for RD in the first place.

1 Like

Has anyone tried looking at the source code of the admissions portal? I found hidden gifs and pngs named coffee, hotdog, hancok, sears, etc. I’m not sure what it means tbh

1 Like

As someone whose GC instructed D to apply RD…I don’t think this makes a whole ton of difference. ED obviously would’ve provided the best chance for anyone, but the admitted % for each of the other two rounds is going to be in the single digits…Don’t beat yourself up. He likely has the same chances as had he done RD.

2 Likes

can you say where. I do not see anything…

D had withdraw button gone this am before school, but just texted it is back now. Applied RD. I told her to use her astrology on more useful subjects like boys.

6 Likes