University of Colorado Boulder EA for Fall 2023

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Maria - I cannot speak at all to the quality of engineering education at Seattle U. But we live in the Seattle area and you should definitely do your research (and hopefully visit if you have not) on the campus and surrounding area. SU is in downtown Seattle and does not have such a campus feel to it. There is also some crime in the area, as with any major city. I am guessing it has a very different feel than Boulder, and no big sports like football, so it depends also on what type of environment your student wants in their college experience. Just my two cents.

1 Like

OOS tuition only is $57,700.

Not all dorms are in Williams Village. Kittridge dorms are very close to engineering. My nephew, an engineer living in some kind of engineering LLC, lived in Kittridge. The best dining is near Kittridge and the business and engineering schools.

But I think that would be a slow walk from WV to engineering. I used to live across the street (a little closer to campus) from WV and didn’t have the option of the bus, so hoofed it. Of course I wasn’t in engineering so had to walk all the way to the other side of campus and I don’t think it took me 25 minutes; engineering buildings would have been about 10 minutes from my house. When I lived on the hill, another student area considered primo housing, engineering would be about 20 minutes - but downhill.

After freshman year almost all students live off campus and they figure out how to get to classes. It is not a big deal. The buses go from WV to campus pretty continuously all day and night.

Yes definetely we would have to visit the campus.
Probably March or April during the admitted student day. Thanks for your input on Seattle U

No worse than at any other University. Its annoying that CU gets this reputation.

1 Like

Has anyone attended an Admitted Buff Day? We are going on April 3 and wanted to get some idea of what to expect with regard to itinerary and timing. We weren’t able to go on a day they designated for D’s major (communications), so it would be a general admitted student event. Thanks!

We went! Last weekend. The parking was easy, and getting around from meeting to meeting was well timed and easy, too. I am communications too and that was probably my favorite part of the day (to hear more about the program - it made me realize there are so many options within it!), but if you haven’t been to campus before (I was there last spring for a tour) then I would definitely do the campus optional tour at the end of the day. Boulder and campus are both amazing. We ate in the dining hall last weekend (warning, it was hard to find a seat because it was so crowded but there are a ton of decent food options!) and the students were really friendly. They just seem really down to earth, everywhere you go. I don’t know if that’s really the case but I get that vibe. Oh, if you go to the bookstore for any gear, let them know that you’re there for admitted student day and you get like 20 percent off!:slight_smile: Have fun!

This is super helpful, thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. I am trying to figure out whether to apply for the CommRAP for housing. It has a lot of pluses but I have a brother at another U that did a residential LLC and kind of wished they would’ve been with the general student pool in another dorm even tho his was really nice. If anyone has any information about it or some advice to share I’d appreciate it.

2 Likes

How is the BA CS program in the College of Engineering? Reading the requirements, it does have similar (but fewer) CS courses like BS CS but a minor in another area as well as a foreign language requirement.

Thanks

My dtr got into UW Comp Sci and also SeattleU with very good merit scholarship. It seems that everyone who applied to SeattleU got in.

Hello, 1st time posting- can’t find this answer anywhere, prob because it is preference. OOS son admitted direct to Leeds honors program & trying to pick dorm. Which is better- a residence academic program (RAP) in Cheyenne Arapaho, cost $425 or living learning community (LLC) in Kittredge Central, no cost, with Leeds honors & scholars, by invite only? He is a good student but not all about academics; well rounded, enjoys sports and working out. Can you be in LLC and still take classes in RAP or is that what the extra cost buys you?
Thanks in advance!
For those interested: $0 merit, 9 AP classes, 3.9 unweighted, 4.5 weighted, no test scores, club & varsity soccer, NHS officer, summer jobs, $0 merit, (waitlisted UDub)

1 Like

I have similar questions for my son also admitted directly to Leeds. We are leaning towards RAP
 also enjoys sports, working out but I think RAP makes a bigger school feel smaller by getting to know classmates.

Wow, surprised your son was waitlisted at UW. My son has similar stats, with fewer APs, no test, got into UW and Boulder including merit from Boulder, but did not direct admit to Leeds. This process is baffling!

My DS is direct admit to Leeds and denied at UW. Head scratching for sure?

If I may ask, did he get direct admit to UW Foster? I am disappointed for him but ultimately relieved b/c I don’t know if we would want him to go without business guarantee combined with high cost AND not sure if quarterly system is right fit for him. Indeed baffling, subjective and not personal.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Glad to know I am not the only 1. So you also interpret the LLC does not have access to the smaller classes in RAP? I asked my son to email the program director and report back when he gets around to it. The RAP dorm is closer to the gym.

Both my kids have similar stats as yours and were waitlisted at UW for Fosters too.

DD23 4.0/4.7
8 AP’s
4 DE
1 Honors
4 yr Varsity sport- Captain of team
8 year Travel Sport
worked pt 3 yrs 15-20 hrs/wk
NHS officer
Mentor at HS
Mentor to refugee students
250+ hrs of volunteering

DS23
3.95/4.6
8 AP’s
4 DE
1 Honors
4 yr Varsity sport
worked pt 3 yrs 15-20 hrs/wk
250+ hrs of volunteering
NHS member
Mentor at High School
Editor of school newspaper 2 years, staff writer 4 yrs

No, he did not apply to Foster at the UW. It is extremely competitive. Did the UW only offer your son waitlist to Foster and not admission as pre-business? Or second choice major? Seems odd that it’s all or nothing.