University of Connecticut Admissions process

How hard is it to get into UCONN now? Are there specific colleges that are less competitive? Can a diverse student with a 3.7 GPA and some varied activities get admitted?

Here are the admission pages and restricted programs…ie harder to get into simce space is limited. They don’t show on their stat page or CDS a grade distribution.

I’d assume a 3.7 UW or W both can get in but with a just over 50% admit rate two years ago (from the cds) plus the natl championship in hoops which will bring added apps, it’s likely not assured. URI could be a safety or one of the branch campuses if you need more. You should speak to your hs counselor for a better chance me I think.

Are you in state or out of state? My in state dd applied to UConn this past admissions cycle and she had a 4.4/4 weighted gpa, tons of EC’s and leadership, and was a 3 sport varsity athlete. She was admitted to UConn storrs. However, UConn also has a practice of branching many in state students.

2 Likes

Interesting to me that they don’t publish gpa data. Or that I could find.

My non-diverse D23 with a 95% GPA was admitted this year. We live in the northeast (but not Connecticut) and became interested after speaking to an admissions counselor at a college fair. FYI, he told us they give more merit to out-of-state students than in-state students. She received a scholarship that would have made her COA the equivalent of in-state tuition.

2 Likes

What are the least competitive majors for applicants and conversely, what are the most difficult majors to be accepted into?
This would be for Storrs, not a branch campus. Thx!

My D23 was accepted for the BFA in Digital Film/Video Production. Told by Admissions one of the most competitive programs for acceptance. She received great merit and liked the campus when we visited, but ultimately decided it was too new of a program and did not have the networking opportunities compared to the other film schools she was accepted to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.