University of Dayton/Xavier University/University Cincinnati

DS has UC, Xavier, UD as his top picks right now ? Pre-med major … which has the best program or better yet … which would be the best choice ?

Sorry but I’ll lay out the info request. It usually will come over the next ten posts.

Major?
Costs?

Personal preferences I.e.:

Urban vs less so.
Campus vibe
social scene
School sports enthusiast or not
Honors college ?
Arts or no arts
Activity or club interests
Career thoughts?

My dad went to Xavier for pre-med and said it was a great program (although he ended up deciding not to go to medical school). From what I’ve read the program is just as good or better now. 84% of their students are accepted into medical school compared to a 40% national average. Plus the campus is gorgeous and they have a great basketball team if your son is into sports. I may be a bit biased since I have many relatives that are alums, but honestly it would be my pick of the three. Obviously he needs to make the decision this is just my opinion. Make sure you visit all three schools and really decide which is the best fit. Good luck and congrats!

1 Like

Thank you everyone. He ended up choosing UD after being offered a substantial amount of money and getting a volunteer job at the hospital.

@Bvivid75 Congrats to your son and thanks for posting the update!

@Siena19 @Bvivid75 Were you referring to Xavier in Cinci and UC as in Cinci? Just double checking as I discovered multiple Xavier’s and UCs. Thanks!

@Siena19 @Bvivid75 Context clues and more coffee: just realized of course you were referring to the OH schools!