University of Delaware 2015. Will I get in?

<p>I am currently a junior and will be a senior this coming fall. I would like to know what my chances are for getting into the University of Delaware nursing program. Here's what I have done throughout high school (and will do next year):
English 9 honors
Journalism
English 10 honors
AP English 11
AP English 12</p>

<p>College prep math 9
Honors geometry
Honors algebra 2
Honors pre-calc</p>

<p>Physical science honors
Biology honors
Chemistry honors
AP chemistry
Anatomy & physiology
Forensic science</p>

<p>World history honors
AP us government
AP us comparative government
College prep us history
Ap psychology
(And other electives)</p>

<p>I am involved in many activities:
National honors society president, field hockey captain, interact treasurer, mentor for children, health rocks instructor ( teaching kids about healthy habits), science Olympiad, speech and debate, healthcare explorers and I volunteer at my local hospital. </p>

<p>I am retaking my Acts and sats 1-3 more times. I got a 1400 and a 22. My grade point average is a 95 and I get an 85 or higher in all of my classes. If you could give me some pointers on what to work on and how good my chances are, I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you :)</p>

<p>I am assuming you are an OOS applicant (your State of residence may have some bearing on your odds). Your rigor of college courses, GPA, and EC’s look pretty good. Be aware that UD recalculates an applicant’s GPA for most majors looking at grades in the major academic areas of English, Math, Sciences (2 lab sciences required with 3 recommended), Social Sciences, History, and Foreign Languages (2 years required with 4 years of same language recommended). During your Sr. year of HS you should take 5 courses each semester in major academic areas and get great grades in them (UD takes a dim view of students who decide to “coast through” their Sr. year). You might want to consider scheduling an admissions interview (not required but may improve your odds). You also need to write a dynamite admission’s essay (UD does really look at these and they can be significant in “borderline” cases).</p>

<p>The major area of my concern would obviously be your standardized test scores which currently are below the average of most students accepted to UD overall (and stats for students accepted into the Nursing Program are much higher than these). I would recommend taking some Prep courses with a goal of improving your ACT score to a minimum of 26-27 and SAT Math and Reading (UD gives little credence to the Writing score) combined scores to a minimum of 1250. Obviously the higher the better. I have known a number of students who were able to significantly improve their scores by taking Prep courses (but again obviously no guarantee). You need to place a special emphasis in this area if you want to be competitive for admission to Nursing at UD. </p>

<p>Obviously none of the above will guarantee your acceptance to Nursing at UD but I feel would place you in a position to be at least competitive for acceptance. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>U Del is one of the harder programs for admission, out of state. My daughter was accepted to the U. of Delaware as a bio major, but refused as a nursing major. You can use U. Del as a reach, but make sure you have match schools and safeties too.</p>