University of Delaware Admissions Fall 2022

My S22 (OOS CA) applied RD on Nov 19 and was accepted mid-December - merit was included in letter. We’re waiting for HC decision.

1 Like

UPDATE #2: Since my last update my daughter had a change of heart and decided to sign the letter to appeal her decision after all. Happy to report that she just received a packet in the mail and has been accepted to UDel studying communications! Very pleased with the admissions counselor who followed up with her and really seemed to care and felt her initial decision was incorrect.

27 Likes

That’s wonderful - congratulations to your daughter!

4 Likes

When do regular admission decisions come out for Udel?

I think some some decisions have been coming out. I know someone who got accepted Friday the 28th

Son accepted yesterday. Email telling him to check portal went into promotions not his in box.

3 Likes

Update - Applied Nov. 16 accepted Jan 31

2 Likes

My daughter’s application was complete in her portal on Dec. 9, when should she expect a decision? I can’t find a regular decision release date.

I’m worried about the party culture at UDel. My kid certainly enjoys a party every now and then, but I’ve watched some online YouTube videos and it seems like there isn’t a lot to do outside of drinking on the weekends. Does anyone know what kids do for fun outside of drinking? It seems like the students aren’t really into sporting events either, it’s just making me a little nervous that if you don’t want to drink every weekend, there isn’t much to do.

Plenty of clubs and intramurals. I would not worry.

4 Likes

I believe they’re supposed to come out with some decisions today.

2 Likes

Thank you! We are going for an admitted students tour in a couple of weeks and I just want to make sure it’s not a total bust!

We are going also. I can tell you that looking at social media to get a feel for a college’s party scene can be a rabbit hole!
I always say every college is a party school, but not every kid parties.

3 Likes

Did Distinguished Scholar letters come out?

On a different thread, there were posts that the invites went out via email to parents and their students this past Friday night.

Nothing posted for my daughter last night. Guess Regular decisions take much longer, she’s just concerned as it has been 10 weeks since she applied.

My D22 hasnt received anything from UDel either. She applied in mid Nov. :flushed:

The wait is rough!

4 Likes

Received notification today that my daughter got in. Applied on 1/12/22. She received an email that there was an update.

4 Likes

Yes, my daughter as well! Congrats! She applied 12/9

3 Likes