University of Delaware and Merit

He still may be considered for distinguished scholars.

Are you all using the net price calculator for a merit estimate? It says gpa out of 5.0. I’m not sure how to figure that out.

Just disappointed :frowning:

Most colleges recalculate the high school GPA to a 5.0 scale. AP courses are weighted 5.0 for an A, Honors & GT weighted 4.5, and standard courses are weighted 4.0. However this is not uniform among colleges and most don’t tell you how they recalculate. The UD calculator indicates they use only core courses for this calculation. However, some colleges include all AP course grades in the calculation (AP Capstone/AP Art History for example). Some college include Dual Enrollment and some don’t. So really the best you can do is estimate based on this calculator.

1 Like

anyone think it’s possible to get a merit scholarship when u got accepted with a 3.2 GPA and test optional, OOS?

I doubt it.

1 Like

okk jw! cuz i have gotten merit from other schools but not sure about delaware as it is a harder school

I think the average gpa for admission is over a 3.7, the more competitive the school the higher stats you need for merit.

yea i honestly was shocked i got in with my gpa especially cuz i had no test score. but yea that makes sense ty!

1 Like

My daughter got 17K per year Trustee scholarship. We are OOS.

2 Likes

Curious to know whether those who received the Presidential Scholarship (15K) were accepted to Honors as well.

1 Like

Was accepted OOS with a trustee scholarship.
Didn’t submit SAT with a 3.9 UW and a 4.0 W Applied to honors College as well. Hoping to become a Delaware distinguished scholar for more merit aid. Lots of community service and leadership in sports. Will not be doing any sports at UD though.

Hello! HS senior mom visiting tomorrow! May I ask how it all worked out?